5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why still no MDS Disable 3rd party device?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
The issue is not "cracking" the ECU - it looks like Edge/ Holley will let you swap your PCM when you buy their $500 tuner https://edgeproducts.com/shop/dodge-ram-evoht2-pcm-swap-8-speed-only-589

HP Tuners appears to support MDS disable as well - but you need to buy a dongle ($300), credits ($100), and ship your ECU in for modification ($250)

The issue appears to be that FCA removed the ISO command to command MDS, so you can't make a cheap dongle that sends a command and does what you want - you have to ship the ECU in and tune it. *Then* you have to ask whether you want to disable MDS bad enough to pay $500-$650

my reference was cracking GMs c8 ECU is more difficult than finding a way to make deactivate MDS. It is apparent the ECU is cracked with all of these tuners available.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I got a pcm and Diablo tune. Greene tune as well. And pedal commander. I get about 15-17 mpg average. And I have a heavy foot.

Users who are viewing this thread