5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no location?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have noticed most people do not list location on their account/membership. Also when people post photos of the back to their vehicle they cover up the license plate. WTH for, you drive around every day with it exposed to everyone, what's the deal there? Curious as to why on both accounts. People will post things vague like "up here in the north", "down here in the south" or "over here in the east" but have no location listed. Why so obscure and arcane?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For me, I don't list a specific location because anyone can come in here and read these boards. The things that we post can and do show up in searches. Members often list the modifications they've done to their trucks. Sometimes those mods can be several thousand dollars, or even tens of thousands in rare instances. Also, people often mention other "toys" they own. And even provide pictures of those. So it stands to reason that since anyone can come in and read these boards, we don't want to make it easy to locate us. So that less than honorable people won't know where to go to steal their stuff. It would be pretty easy to find my truck if I listed the town where I live, because the population is less than a lot of high schools. LOL

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have noticed most people do not list location on their account/membership. Also when people post photos of the back to their vehicle they cover up the license plate. WTH for, you drive around every day with it exposed to everyone, what's the deal there? Curious as to why on both accounts. People will post things vague like "up here in the north", "down here in the south" or "over here in the east" but have no location listed. Why so obscure and arcane?
Lmao I always wondered the same thing. Especially with the license plate. I tell everyone I'm in Vegas and I think my plates are usually in my photos. But then again....Vegas is a big city so I have no worries. For people in super small towns...totally understandable that they don't list their town.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
Lmao I always wondered the same thing. Especially with the license plate. I tell everyone I'm in Vegas and I think my plates are usually in my photos. But then again....Vegas is a big city so I have no worries. For people in super small towns...totally understandable that they don't list their town.
I wouldn't think crime would be a problem for a small town

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the crime. Some small towns around here are meth infested and high crime areas. I was concerned a week or so ago when getting fuel off I12 in a certain parish I won't mention, but anyone here knows.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well sadly where I live either you are a cop, were a cop, dating a cop, or wanna be cop, see where I’m going with this lol.

McBroom

Reaction score
I think my location is on my profile. If not I live in Denison Texas.
So if your passing through my area stop by for a coke.
If ya have ill intentions I will give ya a great reason for being in ICU for a very long time.

I'm always up for a truck show or a cruise G2G for lunch.
Again I'm in Denison TX look me up.

Black 20 Ram

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol well that’s mighty kind of you, mine is boldly printed for all to see. :)

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know who I am, where I am, what I am, i'm pretty accessible. Wanna to go fishin bruh? I'm on the far left.

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Come on guys....come out to Vegas, we'll hit a couple off road trails in the winter! ...4wd people only haha

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haha you guys are funny. Actually, I'll offer a beer and/or cigar to anyone here who stops by. It's the non-members who come here from a google search that I'm more worried about. There is a major state highway which runs through my town so it's not unheard of for someone passing through to stop and help themselves to something while most people are at work. I'm not worried about the hours when I'm at home.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Well I live in Rhode Island...
....And All Of It's Providence Plantations, or did they vote that name away? That red really stands out, you'd get more looks if you had a 3 or 4 digit plate though :sneaky:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dookie has a point to this question: if your going to make a post about poor AC performance, for example, it provides a better understanding of the problem if folks know what part of the country your in. (ie: Las Vegas versus Nome, Alaska).

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 036277 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread