5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Laramie over Big Horn?

escapefjrtist

Reaction score
Recently picked up a used '22 Bighorn, Level 2 package with some nice additions, Backcountry, and Offroad package(s). Originally was looking for Laramie but the selection was limited and most had equipment I did not want. What I did want was LED headlights, Laramie (faux) leather seats and power passenger seat. Didn't get those. Even missing a few of my "wants" it's a nice truck being quiet, comfortable and drives like a much smaller vehicle.

I'd buy it again! YMMV

~G

Av1

Reaction score
Truth hurts sometimes.
It’s nonsense.

If you don’t think so, a quick email or call to Pangea (the makers of the Ram seat covers) will prove it’s nonsense.

If you need the phone number or email to the person you would need to talk to, I will give it to you in a private message.

There is so much bs that gets posted here, it’s aggravating.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Got bored so compared the 2024 Ram standard features between Big Horn and the Laramie.

Surprisingly, Ram's website said both are standard with 18 inch wheels. It also didn't list seat material, but window stickers show leather trimmed seats as standard on the Laramie.

Also, LED headlights are not standard on the 2024 Laramie and they are not listed on the window sticker as standard equipment. LED taillights are standard on the Laramie, but not on the Big Horn.

Otherwise, below are the list of standard Laramie features that are either options or not available for the Big Horn. The base retail price difference between the 2 crew Cab 4x4s was $7000.

• Power Folding mirrors
  • Premium power mirrors with memory
  • LED Tail Lights
  • Glovebox lamp
  • Led dome, footwell, reading and overhead lighting
  • Advanced brake assist
  • Body color door handles
  • 2-way lumbar driver seat
  • 8-way power driver and passenger seats
  • Driver seat memory
  • Under seat lighting
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Uconnect 5 Nav with 8.4 display (Uconnect 3 with 5 inch and no nav is standard on big horn)
  • HD Radio
  • Media Hub with 2 charge only USB ports
  • 9 Speakers with subwoofer (6 speakers without sub standard on big horn)
  • A/C with Dual Zone Temp Control
  • Automatic Dimming Rearview mirror
  • 115 volt Aux power outlet and inverter
  • Sun visors with illuminated mirrors
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Full speed forward collision warning plus
  • Security alarm

Thanks. There are a few which I want and a few must haves (in bold).
The above list would be worth $7K to me.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. There are a few which I want and a few must haves (in bold).
The above list would be worth $7K to me.

Yea, often if you want a few of items available on higher level trims it's cheaper to move up a trim level than it is to add the packages that are required to get the few options you want to a lower level trim.

amie with just about everything on the list but it also had about $3-4K of stuff I would never use want like the pano r

A truck with a the sunroof was a showstopper for me. I've had them in the past and will never own another. I wanted a Limited for it's features but it was nearly impossible to find a Limited without a sunroof. Finally, I found a dealer that hated them as much as I did and had about half a dozen Limited's without the sunroof.

Users who are viewing this thread