5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is mine solid???

Littlewing

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 canadian sport 4x4 with 5.7 hemi. No etorque.

I see alot of guys putting a lightbar here behind the black grill. Between the two front park sensors... but I can't as mine is solid. So the light would not shine through..... why is mine solid????????
20210107_165831.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends on the trim level of the truck. Some are open and some are closed.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
when installing the light bar there , you need to also purchase MOPAR Part # 6833 4531 AD
That’s the bottom cover you will need. I paid 45 bucks for it at my dealer . My oem cover was solid as well

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I’m curious what you need more light for. Your LED’s are already super bright. Just wondering. I see a lot of aftermarket light bars these days. Thanks.

Littlewing

Reaction score
I’m curious what you need more light for. Your LED’s are already super bright. Just wondering. I see a lot of aftermarket light bars these days
finding more light was not the purpose of asking my question.... the intent of my question is "why is mine solid?"
does any one know what trim levels and why some are solid and why some are not solid???

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i remember saw a video somewhere show the lower grill is combine of 2 parts and can be remove to made it see thru, they're holding together by all the clips around it, correct me if i'm wrong.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reason it's solid proably has to do with keeping the cost down compared to other trim levels. You could always replace it with one that has an open honeycomb, they are around 50$. Maybe try the Buy/Sell/Trade thread here

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious what you need more light for. Your LED’s are already super bright. Just wondering. I see a lot of aftermarket light bars these days. Thanks.
Since OP talked about putting in a light bar, but then gave a rude response, I'll answer for him. I want to put a low-light condition bar there (yellow) for fog/rain/snow/dust. It'll point pretty much where the fog lights do now so it'll spread out across the road. I agree that the LED lights produce a lot of light.

OP, if you had done any type of searching about putting light bars there you'd see that people either remove the solid backing or buy a new, open grille to fit there.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Since OP talked about putting in a light bar, but then gave a rude response, I'll answer for him. I want to put a low-light condition bar there (yellow) for fog/rain/snow/dust. It'll point pretty much where the fog lights do now so it'll spread out across the road. I agree that the LED lights produce a lot of light.

OP, if you had done any type of searching about putting light bars there you'd see that people either remove the solid backing or buy a new, open grille to fit there.
Ah ok. Thanks for filling me in.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
does any one know what trim levels and why some are solid and why some are not solid?
finding more light was not the purpose of asking my question.... the intent of my question is "why is mine solid?"
does any one know what trim levels and why some are solid and why some are not solid???
Who cares ? It’s a 40 dollar part , if you want is so bad go get it . Working yourself up on trim levels for a 40 dollar item smh.

2020GCM

Reaction score
i remember saw a video somewhere show the lower grill is combine of 2 parts and can be remove to made it see thru, they're holding together by all the clips around it, correct me if i'm wrong.
IIRC this is only on the Rebel

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As a new member wanting help...you may want to be a bit more considerate and think about how you may want to respond in the future :unsure:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Solid on my 2020 Big Horn with the 5.7 eTorque.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Also a new member, here, still waiting on my truck in fact. In any case, I think y'all reading too far into OP's question. I think the lightbar was more of an example of what he was asking about. If they are all solid and someone says so, then here is xx examples that are not.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also a new member, here, still waiting on my truck in fact. In any case, I think y'all reading too far into OP's question. I think the lightbar was more of an example of what he was asking about. If they are all solid and someone says so, then here is xx examples that are not.
We get it.....

Littlewing

Reaction score
winner

Users who are viewing this thread