5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don’t wind deflectors come standard?

John Galt

Reaction score
Personally, I vent my sunroof. Works better once moving, but having windows cracked while parked helps keep the inside temps from getting as hot
I didn’t get the sunroof. Save the weight for towing payload.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously. We’re talking about letting heat out. Not too hot on rainy days.
Where do you live? Here in Nebraska it can be 95+ with 80% humidity and have a thunderstorm come through.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ive never had an insect inside my vehicles from being parked with windows cracked with vent visors. What was that you said in your first sentence, if you have never done it, you have no way of knowing.......
What did you miss, in what you even quoted, when I said I've owned many different vehicles with them?
If I hadn't experienced chasing bugs out of my cars I wouldn't have said it.

Last edited:

Av1

Reaction score
I think they look tacky no matter what type they are.

But so what, people have different tastes. That’s a good thing.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had vent visors on one vehicle for about 30 minutes. They were on a Jeep I bought used and that's how long it took for me to decide I hated them. The only difference I noticed with them on, was they reduced visibility out of the side windows. Yeah, they are transparent but you really can't see through them very easily. I agree with @mikeru82 as far as leaving your windows down a little bit...yellowjackets just love small cracks.

I'd rather have chips in my paint than have an ugly piece of plastic on my hood, but whatever blows your skirt up. 🤣

Ccroce

Reaction score
I need the installation hardware for the Mopar hood deflector and cant find it anywhere - can anyone help?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
:D

That wind spinner on the roof is pretty tacky too.
I missed that till you pointed it out.
Does that have something to do with keeping the e-torque 48 volt battery charged while driving? 🤔🤣

Me I’d have had some kind of flexible solar panel on the roof to do that but maybe that would interfere with the sunroo 🤔

Oh wait, I‘ll say that is one of those sonic deer guards, just mounted up higher…

Users who are viewing this thread