5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Doesn't The Fuel Door Lock?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not really worried about it since I park in a locked garage at night, and a secure parking lot at work. But there are those times when I'm at Home Depot or the grocery store when anything could happen.

vdemarco

Reaction score
I am confused, i just tried again, and the door is locked. pushed all the way around. I took a movie to show

Mother

Reaction score
Just walked out to my 2020 (9/19 build) without my key and the fuel door will def pop right open.

What's your build date? Perhaps they made a running change...

vdemarco

Reaction score
Mine was built 8-19. I can't explain it. Maybe its part of some option i have??

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am confused, i just tried again, and the door is locked. pushed all the way around. I took a movie to show
I am sure you have fueled your truck many times and I am not trying to insult you by any means but I have to push pretty hard on mine. IMG_20200619_133537.jpg IMG_20200619_133544.jpg What does the inside look like? Here is pic of mine

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Push in on the right side you have to push in pretty far and let go quickly and it should release.

vdemarco

Reaction score
You are right i am sorry about the mess up. I just never pressed hard enough.

geebee1954

Reaction score
Manual? This thing has a manual?
Mine (2020 Warlock) has the manual in the screen under Apps. Gives me something to look at when the boss lady is in a shoe shop for hours on end. Search facility sucks though.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine (2020 Warlock) has the manual in the screen under Apps. Gives me something to look at when the boss lady is in a shoe shop for hours on end. Search facility sucks though.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Very true...

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Geno's Garage makes a locking gas cap for the Ram. It's expensive in my opinion, but it's an option.

Here

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Geno's Garage makes a locking gas cap for the Ram. It's expensive in my opinion, but it's an option.

Here
I'm very happy with Geno's locking cap. I'm stunned spending 70+ and no locking door or cap. I was never able to get a locking cap for my L405 Range Rover. That made me feel sour towards Land Rover too. I'm done with them. The real black eye is that in the EU they all lock.

Biesty

Reaction score

Here
Thanks for posting a solution to this. I don't understand why people have to criticize a posters request (but he did ask for opinions so maybe he welcomed it). But seriously, if you don't think it is necessary then just don't respond. If you see a flaw in the request that makes sense to respond ... like suggesting someone might just puncture your plastic gas tank. I get that.

A previous vehicle I owned had a locking door with a tab on the edge of the door with a slot in the tab. The fuel door locked and unlocked with the doors. When locked an electric motor moved a locking lever into the tab slot thus not allowing the door to be opened. The locking lever was attached to a mechanical cable that went to the trunk and was attached to a pull arm. If the electronics failed you could use the pull arm to unlock the fuel door. Perfect flawless design and very easy to implement. Note, the pull arm for the truck could be inside the cab instead of the trunk.

I do agree that this is a big miss on the design of the truck as it is all about deterrence. Nothing is fool proof but why not make it as difficult as possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread