5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does the tow package eliminate 360 degree view?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram so far has no tow mirrors with the integrated cameras. Not a great answer but that how it is today. Unless you really need the two mirrors, many have suggested that you can tow most trailers just fine with the non-tow mirrors. They are long enough and include the blind spot mirror plus you get 360 and power fold.
Potentially with the launch of the 2020 HD RAM there might be redesigned tow mirrors with 360 but that's just speculation for now.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Where would they put the camera in the mirrors, on the bottom when not in tow position or on the bottom in tow position?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Ram so far has no tow mirrors with the integrated cameras. Not a great answer but that how it is today. Unless you really need the two mirrors, many have suggested that you can tow most trailers just fine with the non-tow mirrors. They are long enough and include the blind spot mirror plus you get 360 and power fold.
Potentially with the launch of the 2020 HD RAM there might be redesigned tow mirrors with 360 but that's just speculation for now.

I don't need tow mirrors, but 99% of the rebels I find have tow mirrors. The bigger issue is they are manual, I was curious about the 360 view

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And it's not just the mirrors. Choosing the tow package obviously deletes the side cameras in the mirrors but it also deletes the front camera.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't need tow mirrors, but 99% of the rebels I find have tow mirrors. The bigger issue is they are manual, I was curious about the 360 view
I think you may have seen this...but the Rebel doesn't get surround view(one of the stupidest things...guessing they forgot to incorporate it in the grille) I seen you wanted the power fold, but I bet the dealers that ordered them with tow mirrors is because they thought it added to the tough look...Ram tow mirrors have been ruined by the general public and their driving around with them up/out at all times lol

Whynot

Reaction score
And it's not just the mirrors. Choosing the tow package obviously deletes the side cameras in the mirrors but it also deletes the front camera.
That is because without the 360 view (because of the unavailable side cameras) FCA sees no need for just a front camera so they save money and delete them from the truck.

I think you may have seen this...but the Rebel doesn't get surround view(one of the stupidest things...guessing they forgot to incorporate it in the grille
Nothing about the Rebel's grille prevents a front camera. The camera is stuck beneath the "A" in "RAM" and has far as I'm aware the "Ram" logo placement is the exact same location for every trim. FCA just doesn't want to offer the 360 system on the Rebel at this time for whatever reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 85

That is because without the 360 view (because of the unavailable side cameras) FCA sees no need for just a front camera so they save money and delete them from the truck.

Nothing about the Rebel's grille prevents a front camera. The camera is stuck beneath the "A" in "RAM" and has far as I'm aware the "Ram" logo placement is the exact same location for every trim. FCA just doesn't want to offer the 360 system on the Rebel at this time for whatever reason.
Keep top trim trucks top trim.

Once the TRX debuts, it'll have all of the tech. I guarantee those options will then trickle down.

Ute4Life

Reaction score
I can't even find one to test drive here in Utah, what trim and package can get the 360 surround camera?

Users who are viewing this thread