5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they insist on 22” rims on limited?

MS Delta

Reaction score
Currently looking to purchase a new truck in the next 2 weeks. Why does limited trim force you to get 22” rims!? What (if anything) is the benefit? I don’t get it - is it simply for the aesthetics?

ocwill1

Reaction score
aesthetics. Ford does the same on their 150 Limited..
Probably GMC does it on the Denali as well

pinkelman

Reaction score
The limited is their luxury trim...
The way I see it is that the limited trim is more of a "pretty thing" rather than a hauler. Don't get me wrong, I love the limited for all it is, including those 22 inch rims, but it definately feels less utilitarian than the lower trims. It is all about the luxury, and the image of being so.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this only for 2025?

Just did a build for a 2024 and 20” rims were an option. I realize 2024’s can no longer be ordered but wanted to see if anything but 22” rims were available and it appeared they were.

I agree 22’s look nice but if you do any off-roading they’re pretty much worthless. They’d be trashed in no time with stock tires and that super short sidewall.

Last edited:

dajogejr

Reaction score
My 2023 limited is my luxury car with a bed, ram boxes, and a trailer hitch. Off roading doesn’t cross my mind. 4x4 is for when it snows.

I really, really like my 22” rims. If I wanted to off road I’d do it in a UTV, Jeep, or buy a lower trim level without all the premium interior, etc.

As others have said, this is my pretty ride.. :)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same with Laramie Sport with the night edition, it only comes with 22's. For a while you could add the offroad backage and get 20's but I'm not sure you can do that anymore.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Aesthetics. As everyone said. It just works on that truck. I don't like that look but I will say, they got it right.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
If you order a 2024 Laramie, you can order it with what you'd like and it'll have most comfort creatures you like with 20" wheels

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The first thing I did when I got my truck was get rid of the 22s for 20s. The stock Limited wheels were hideous.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For all 5th gens up through 2024, base wheel size for a Limited has been 20". It's the option packages that change the wheel size to 22" (such as Night Edition). I have no idea for '25 since I haven't looked into ordering one. @Pikeman_66 said he orded a '25 Limited with 20's so it seems to be continuing to the current model year 1500's...

1707156970821.png

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think previous year dealer orders may be driving this. On my 2023 Limited 20 inch wheels were standard, but every dealer in my area had ordered the $2000+ 22 inch wheel option.

An 18 inch rim with taller sidewall tires will provide a much better ride. Also, the tire pressure will not fluctuate as much between cold and warm days.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I think previous year dealer orders may be driving this. On my 2023 Limited 20 inch wheels were standard, but every dealer in my area had ordered the $2000+ 22 inch wheel option.

An 18 inch rim with taller sidewall tires will provide a much better ride. Also, the tire pressure will not fluctuate as much between cold and warm days.
I agree with you, When I was looking for a specific truck on the lots for a 24 1500 limited all the window stickers had the expensive wheel upgrade and or a appearance package that this old fart can't stand, bumpers are meant to be chrome (lol). I just don't need them to pull my boat around on the weekends. so, I ordered a 25 instead because I am that picky if it isn't configured the exact way that I want it I will never like it.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
For all 5th gens up through 2024, base wheel size for a Limited has been 20". It's the option packages that change the wheel size to 22" (such as Night Edition). I have no idea for '25 since I haven't looked into ordering one. @Pikeman_66 said he orded a '25 Limited with 20's so it seems to be continuing to the current model year 1500's...

View attachment 176162
I do not know if the 20s for 2025 are those same ones or not I haven't been able to completely nail that down and I have seen conflicting info on this for 2025.

Users who are viewing this thread