5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos got the best reverse light hook up🤔🤔

Duran

Reaction score
Wanting to mount reverse lights on my 1500. Whos got the best hook up. Parts name and pics 👀👀👀

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Nothing done yet, but I was looking into adding some the same way I've added them in the past. Using a 3 way switch, and a relay. With the 3 way, it can be
always on (up pos.)
Off (middle pos.)
On when in reverse (down pos.)

Only when in reverse will it need to be wired thru the relay so it doesn't draw too much power from the reverse light circuit. Might not be a big deal anymore with all of the L.E.D. stuff being low draw... but it was a necessity when it was old school lighting

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Duran

Reaction score
I believe cutris makes a direct connection via the 7 pin trailer hook up. I was looking to go that route rather then cutting and splicing. Or giving the dealer any reason to void a warranty

TVANVA

Reaction score

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a light bar that you mount under the tailgate that can be used for just a Brake light as well as Blinkers?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added two LED pods under my rear bumper and just tied into the trailer reverse signal. On the off chance I'm backing out of a parking space at night, people will just have to be temporarily blinded if they decide to look right at my lights lol. Rarely do any driving at night but wanted the extra lighting for those few occassions.

Duran

Reaction score
Nothing done yet, but I was looking into adding some the same way I've added them in the past. Using a 3 way switch, and a relay. With the 3 way, it can be
always on (up pos.)
Off (middle pos.)
On when in reverse (down pos.)

Only when in reverse will it need to be wired thru the relay so it doesn't draw too much power from the reverse light circuit. Might not be a big deal anymore with all of the L.E.D. stuff being low draw... but it was a necessity when it was old school lighting

What about mounting them.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
What about mounting them.
Back in the good ol days we just mounted the lights on the bottom of the bumper. They were long and slim so it looked better than these square lights that are made now

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Back in the good ol days we just mounted the lights on the bottom of the bumper. They were long and slim so it looked better than these square lights that are made now. Similar to the picture below that I found online

075abf3fdec6cdabab8ba85d8be1d2f2.jpg

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Duran

Reaction score
Back in the good ol days we just mounted the lights on the bottom of the bumper. They were long and slim so it looked better than these square lights that are made now

Hahahaha now its about 150 for the part just to mount the damn things

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
What did you do about that bump the new gens have below the tailgate
No issues with mounting.

It's running, brake, turn and reverse. Red and white only. They have red, white and amber too. When I put it in reverse when it's dark, it lights up my driveway and garage. Great for the back up camera.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread