5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who paid below/above MSRP for their TRX?

ddharris

Reaction score
It doesnā€™t appear FCA is good at ā€œ working the bugs outā€.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How anyone would pay that much for a Ram pickup is beyond me. If anything Iā€™d wait a year or two let them work the bugs out and buy one for MSRP at worst case in 2022/23.
Same thing was said by many here when the 2019 DT was released, and the 2017 Raptor as well. I purchased each of those first run trucks and had exactly zero issues with either. I now have the LE TRX, sitting at 1100 miles, paid MSRP, and nothing negative to report so far. Seems to be built a little better than my 2019 Limited was, and it was great.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership in nyc had a sick fully loaded anvil colored trx. Sticker was 96 and change. Already marked up to 130k. They sold it in a bidding war for 141. Most impressive vehicle I have ever seen. There is nothing more awesome than this truck. Unfortunately for me I can not afford it. I ordered a 2021 rebel and am super happy I can afford that. Almost 70k loaded without air suspension

BNeal

Reaction score
The dealership in nyc had a sick fully loaded anvil colored trx. Sticker was 96 and change. Already marked up to 130k. They sold it in a bidding war for 141. Most impressive vehicle I have ever seen...
Wow! Talk about being upside down on your loan... But I guess if you are willing to pay $45k over invoice, you can probably just write a check and be done with it.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No doubt. Whoever is buying these things definitely already have a bunch of crazy toys

Nukegm426

Reaction score
For a limited availability truck there sure are a lot of them for sale... one dealer near me has 4 on just their website and Iā€™ve seen a couple more on their lot that arenā€™t on their website yet

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy!!! But Iā€™m telling you in person the truck is even more awesome than in the pics

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership in nyc had a sick fully loaded anvil colored trx. Sticker was 96 and change. Already marked up to 130k. They sold it in a bidding war for 141. Most impressive vehicle I have ever seen. There is nothing more awesome than this truck. Unfortunately for me I can not afford it. I ordered a 2021 rebel and am super happy I can afford that. Almost 70k loaded without air suspension
The Rebel is an awesome truck. If I ever decide to sell the Rex, Rebel is the way to go!!!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy!!! But Iā€™m telling you in person the truck is even more awesome than in the pics
General consensus is exactly your observation. Pics do not tell the story of the TRX. And They definitely do not do justice to the Anvil color. I rarely see a photograph that depicts its actual tone.

Last edited:

mayhem5150

Reaction score
I paid just under MSRP at 70,000 out the door with ttl at my dealership for my TRX it helped that my family knows the GM of the dealership.

3d25ddc4e9d05b0c26cdb22d5dd30810.jpg

ddharris

Reaction score
Just dropped my Laramie off at the dealership. Service advisor told me a story of someone offering the dealership 15k over MSRP for their black TRX. He claims dealership declined the offer. It still sits on the lot for 119K.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came close to getting a white loaded one. Dealer offered me more than I paid for my truck for trade on one. If I could've gotten that TRX without a black interior or the Pano sunroof, I'd have been all over it. I know you can order one without the sunroof. I just don't feel like paying more money to reupholster a $90k+ new truck.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

What's funny is I've had two people recently ask me if my truck was that "new 700 hp one". I'm sure it's the similar looking grill and the red color of my Rebel (which was the launch color of the TRX) which makes it a little confusing for people who aren't familiar with trucks.

Kinda of a downer though to tell them mine is the regular one, but if not the TRX, the Rebel is a really nice :)

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my rebel hands down but if money wasnā€™t an issue Iā€™d drive the TRX. Problem is itā€™s not even the purchase itā€™s the cost of actually driving the truck. Itā€™s not a practical vehicle but it is the most awesome machine on the road. And off

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's funny is I've had two people recently ask me if my truck was that "new 700 hp one". I'm sure it's the similar looking grill and the red color of my Rebel (which was the launch color of the TRX) which makes it a little confusing for people who aren't familiar with trucks.

Kinda of a downer though to tell them mine is the regular one, but if not the TRX, the Rebel is a really nice :)
A trx is a foot wider. It's a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread