5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who makes the best rear under-seat storage?

Cajuntec

Reaction score
I have had three Quad Cab trucks before my current 2019 Crew Cab, and this is the first time I don't have storage under the rear seats.

I saw the DU-HA underseat storage and got very interested. Then I saw that DU-HA has a locking version, and that seemed really nice. But I read a couple of comments about them not fitting very well. For the price, I expect a good fit.

So I started looking online and came across Weather-Tech, Husky, Rough Country, and a few others.

I almost bought a Husky version today, but the guy said anytime after 5pm, and when I showed up at his house, he messaged that he was running an errand and wouldn't be back until 5:45. I wasn't going to sit around idling in my truck for 45 minutes. Gas is too expensive these days to do that. So I left and canceled the deal.

Now looking at new. Who makes the best (most durable, best fitting, best looking, most functional) under-seat storage system?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Du-ha with locking lid… fits just fine. More useable space then the Husky and Weathertechs. Downside is harder to access the in floor bins but still very doable without having to remove anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cajuntec

Reaction score
I have the Du-ha with locking lid… fits just fine. More useable space then the Husky and Weathertechs. Downside is harder to access the in floor bins but still very doable without having to remove anything.

You know... I haven't even looked at my in-floor bins yet. I probably should do that before buying anything. If I remember correctly from when I saw some years ago, they were relatively small. I need something to store tools. Probably too small for that. My rear floor mats are nice, but cover them completely.

Thanks for the Du-Ha review. Glad you like yours.
All the best,
Glenn

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah they’re not really big. I keep a trailer hitch and some ratchet straps in one and a noco jump box in the other that’s about all the room they would provide so not many tools can really go there and it’s not really quickly accessible with the Mopar slush mats in place and Du-ha so I only keep what I rarely would need. Well worth just going with the underseat storage instead.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not with my truck right now, but between the two Ram bins I have a FAK, LED road flares, small tire repair kit, jumper cables, zip ties, duct tape, digital tire gauge, WD-40, gloves, a Dewalt tool bag full of hand tools, and a roll of TP. Maybe a few smaller things I'm forgetting.

Haven't noticed any issues getting to them if I really need to, but probably wouldn't keep every day items in them.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have also used the Du-Ha (no locking lid), and it actual held quite a bit. I keep a number of "emergency only" items in the storage bins, so no need to access those often, and the higher use items in the Du-Ha: Tools, gloves, hitch, straps, extendable window scraper, brush, etc. As mentioned, the Du-Ha does cover up part of the rear mat, but that allows it to extend all the way to the underside front edge of the rear seat - more of what I bought it for. It is secured at the rear outer bolts of the seat, with clips that can be removed if you needed to take it out, and comes with a couple of dividers to keep your smaller gear from sliding around.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I had the Weather Tech but now have the non locking DU-HA for my quad cab. The DU-HA is made of thicker material and holds a lot more than the Weather Tech. The Weather Tech "looks better" but for something you can't see who cares, the function is more important in this case

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I manage fine with out the under seat storage. Under the seat I have a coat, knee pads, tool kit, towels, tire inflator, ratchet straps, and more

My floor bins have tire plug kit, hitch, tow rope, 30 ft jumper cables, gloves, and more

I can’t remember everything that’s in there but I’m pretty prepared

weswoody2004

Reaction score
Just got the Husky and I love it. Very well made and fits perfectly. I liked the layout of the Husky better than the others I've looked at.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha without a locking lid. It works great for me. I store all kinds of stuff in there. And I bird hunt during the Fall and Winter months and can keep a couple shotguns in there when I'm going to the field to hunt. I don't have experience with the other options except for the Underseat storage that came with my truck. That was nice but couldn't keep my long guns secure like I wanted.

Good luck.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of what the OEM under seat storage looks like (Big Horn, non-reclining seats)? Also, do you like it?

It is hard to come by, and I am wondering if I buy that or one of the others discussed in this thread. The OEM under seat storage is about $220 on mopar.com. Also, mopar.com does not include an image.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of what the OEM under seat storage looks like (Big Horn, non-reclining seats)? Also, do you like it?

It is hard to come by, and I am wondering if I buy that or one of the others discussed in this thread. The OEM under seat storage is about $220 on mopar.com. Also, mopar.com does not include an image.
It's crap, but better then nothing at all.
I have a 22 limited Crew Cab with reclining seats, i'm not sure if there would be a difference, the seats don't actually recline on the 1500s, the bottom just move forwards and the back slightly arches.
2022-07-31 16.13.04.jpg 1671730379639.jpeg

I haven't pulled the trigger yet because it's very expensive to what it was a few years ($440 before $80 discount) ago but my last truck I used a Tuffy box and it was great quality.
This is a picture I received from the manufacturer of how it would fit in my truck, and I think it might just stick out a LITTLE more then I want with my bins under my mat.

1671730323550.jpeg

This is what mine looked like in my 18 Silverado (don't mind the scratches from placing metal things on top)
1671730804008.jpeg

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I had the WeatherTech one in my 2019 Laramie but with my 2022 big horn I went with Du-ha one and it’s got more room in it for sure. The WeatherTech is on the left, the du-ha on the right.

0DFE1624-4742-4642-A2F9-2131A91D8C4B.jpeg

HemiDude

Reaction score
I had the WeatherTech one in my 2019 Laramie but with my 2022 big horn I went with Du-ha one and it’s got more room in it for sure. The WeatherTech is on the left, the du-ha on the right.

View attachment 146748
Its funny, looking at them side by side the Du-Ha looks like it would be cheap and flimsy. It is actually quite sturdy, and very roomy

Users who are viewing this thread