5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who makes the best rear under-seat storage?

brental1

Reaction score
How do they mount? I can lay my guitar, in case, barely, under the seat. The body part protrudes over the RamBox (meant RamBin). No way it would fit in any of the trays. I'd like to have underseat storage; but would like to be able to slide it out easily when I need to transport my guitar.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kaizen foam and patience…lol
Looks cool but very impractical lol. Could fit hat on 1 side in a box, what are you going to do in your engine bay when you don't know what socket size it is lol.

How do they mount? I can lay my guitar, in case, barely, under the seat. The body part protrudes over the RamBox.
Rambin***
Rambox is what is on the bedsides of the truck

Htsderek

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of what the OEM under seat storage looks like (Big Horn, non-reclining seats)? Also, do you like it?

It is hard to come by, and I am wondering if I buy that or one of the others discussed in this thread. The OEM under seat storage is about $220 on mopar.com. Also, mopar.com does not include an image.

If you want to go the OEM route, used ones go for around $100 on the forums. Lots of guys pull then out when they install some of the options shown in this thread. If you are installing the OEM storage in a truck that didn't have one you may need the seat bracket covers too. They might be included in the OEM kit or I got a set off ebay for $50.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do they mount? I can lay my guitar, in case, barely, under the seat. The body part protrudes over the RamBox (meant RamBin). No way it would fit in any of the trays. I'd like to have underseat storage; but would like to be able to slide it out easily when I need to transport my guitar.
THe Du-Ha style mounts to corner brackets, and can be unclipped easily for removal. The factory storage folds up and out of the way when you don't want it. I happen to have one of each style posted in the FS section, check it out if you are in the Columbus Ohio area (I don.t really want to mess with shipping these).

GrmpyPhckr

Reaction score
I have had three Quad Cab trucks before my current 2019 Crew Cab, and this is the first time I don't have storage under the rear seats.

I saw the DU-HA underseat storage and got very interested. Then I saw that DU-HA has a locking version, and that seemed really nice. But I read a couple of comments about them not fitting very well. For the price, I expect a good fit.

So I started looking online and came across Weather-Tech, Husky, Rough Country, and a few others.

I almost bought a Husky version today, but the guy said anytime after 5pm, and when I showed up at his house, he messaged that he was running an errand and wouldn't be back until 5:45. I wasn't going to sit around idling in my truck for 45 minutes. Gas is too expensive these days to do that. So I left and canceled the deal.

Now looking at new. Who makes the best (most durable, best fitting, best looking, most functional) under-seat storage system?
Dodge Ram under seat Molle storage I bought this for my 2019. Not sure if it's the best. But it does the job.

brental1

Reaction score
THe Du-Ha style mounts to corner brackets, and can be unclipped easily for removal. The factory storage folds up and out of the way when you don't want it. I happen to have one of each style posted in the FS section, check it out if you are in the Columbus Ohio area (I don.t really want to mess with shipping these).
Thanks. I don't know what the FS section is. Is it a tab on this site?

Users who are viewing this thread