5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Leases? Who Purchased?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leased my Rebel. I love the truck but being my first Ram I wasn't familiar with reliability, etc so did not consider buying. I was also coming out of another lease a few months early that was no resale and slightly over miles. With $0 down and 12k a year for 42 months my payments are $589

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I purchased my 2020 Sport. Sticker was $78k. Purchase price was $56k. 0 down. 72/months but I plan on/have already made extra payments. The interest is what kills me at 6%.

Already shopped it and hoping to get what I paid or more ($53k was most I was offered so far) on a trade in so I can take advantage of the 0% financing being offered right now.
What are you looking to get into? Was it 56k + tax? I recently picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Sport and went with 2.99% financing vs 0% as it was better deal overall. Honestly, you got a great deal and doubt you could do better now with 0% as dealers aren't willing to negotiate much on a 2021. You might be better off using a HELOC if possible

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
What are you looking to get into? Was it 56k + tax? I recently picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Sport and went with 2.99% financing vs 0% as it was better deal overall. Honestly, you got a great deal and doubt you could do better now with 0% as dealers aren't willing to negotiate much on a 2021. You might be better off using a HELOC if possible
It was $56k before tax. I can't recall what the final price was.
And I'm just looking to get into a 2020 Night Edition Laramie if possible. I love my Sport but hey, if I can get an upgrade on it tech wise at the same price and 0% why not right?

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
It was $56k before tax. I can't recall what the final price was.
And I'm just looking to get into a 2020 Night Edition Laramie if possible. I love my Sport but hey, if I can get an upgrade on it tech wise at the same price and 0% why not right?
Absolutely agree. I picked mine up at 24.20% off MSRP at 2.99% or 15.5% off MSRP at 0%. Best of luck with your search

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I picked mine up at 24.20% off MSRP at 2.99% or 15.5% off MSRP at 0%. Best of luck with your search
24.20% off MSRP is awesome. I understand what you mean about the 0% now. I just recieved an offer and it's a significant discount at 2.99% as opposed to the 0%. This current offer is exactly what I paid ($56k) so not exactly ideal except the biggest difference being 0%. I'm not sure it's worth it at that price as after taxes I'm all the way up to $76k. So the search continues I guess.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased and got a great deal off sticker $13K off, decent trade in $8K, and a great interest rate, 2.39% and my payments are $647

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I leased my 2019 Bighorn for 3 years/36K miles. I went this route because given the incentives etc. at the time of purchase it was less $$ overall to lease for 3 years and then purchase at lease end than it was to purchase from the start. Add to that the option to walk away and the fact that the lease includes Gap insurance and it just made sense this time.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just standard mileage overage charges (if any) and the CC disposition fee. What other restrictions would there be?
With some dealers (not necessarily Ram) they will adjust the payments by actually lowering the mileage cap, restricting what you can add onto the vehicle, etc...
But if you got the usual standard restrictions for that payment then consider yourself VERY lucky lol.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too bad 0% through FCA/Ram is only when you pay MSRP...same with Ford and Chevy. Actually makes for higher payments/price then if you get 3% at sale price.

dwalme

Reaction score
A wise man once told me never to sink money into depreciating assets. Use that cash for appreciating assets or in general find ways to have that cash make you money.

I am more partial to leasing especially with the low interest rates, factory incentives, only pay tax on leased portion of vehicle in my state, and option to just give it back after a short period of time if I don't like it or if it is in an accident and the value diminishes beyond the buyout.

My lease is $418/mo with $500 due at signing. 24mo/12k miles. ~$54k MSRP with $33k residual buyout after 2 years.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
24.20% off MSRP is awesome. I understand what you mean about the 0% now. I just recieved an offer and it's a significant discount at 2.99% as opposed to the 0%. This current offer is exactly what I paid ($56k) so not exactly ideal except the biggest difference being 0%. I'm not sure it's worth it at that price as after taxes I'm all the way up to $76k. So the search continues I guess.
Yeah, I think I contacted over 20 dealerships throughout Canada to make things happen and even getting one to move was a struggle. Lots of dealers simply had no interest. When I was searching the biggest thing I ran into with Laramie and up is that you are paying basically the same amount for upgrades + a higher starting MSRP making things unreasonable fast. I decided to find a fully optioned sport that basically was the same truck as a loaded laramie for way less

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I contacted over 20 dealerships throughout Canada to make things happen and even getting one to move was a struggle. Lots of dealers simply had no interest. When I was searching the biggest thing I ran into with Laramie and up is that you are paying basically the same amount for upgrades + a higher starting MSRP making things unreasonable fast. I decided to find a fully optioned sport that basically was the same truck as a loaded laramie for way less
Yeah it's an arduous process to find the right deal but I'm not putting much effort into it tbh. I'm happy with my truck but if someone out there wants to give me a good price on it I'd be a fool not to listen. At the moment dealers across the country seem to be interested. I woke up to 12 emails yesterday and all I did was fill out a trade in valuation form on a few sites. Been on me non stop since. But I totally hear you on the Laramie's. I couldn't get past the price difference and did the same, got a well equipped (not balls to the wall loaded mind you) Sport. Considering I got a hell of a deal I'd say I made the right call.

Which end of the country are you in btw? Have any friends shell out the cash for a TRX? hint hint* (we should be friends)

Yogi217

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Big Horn, night edition with many frills. MSRP was $55,500.

I put $8,000 down on a 42 month lease, but only $5,000 was cash. I had $3,000 Mopar Drive Credits that I could use towards the truck. This was downpayment, fees, taxes, etc. So out the door.

My lease is $328 for 42 month, 10k a year miles, and a buy out of $28k.

The interest from Chrysler Cap was like less than 0.5%..... If you want to lease, go to edmunds forums to research the money factor. I had a few dealers try to jack that up and charge me an extra point, which is legal and common, and often overlooked in negotiations.

I still think I could have gotten a better deal, but I bought in July and I bought it before the dealer even had it on their lot. Trucks were impossible to find at the time, especially a night edition with the options I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Built to Serve Ceramic Gray Big Horn level 2, panoramic Sunroof, 12" display, and 3.92 gears. $55k MSRP. $5K down 42 months, 12k year mileage. $28k buyout at end. $403/mo payments. Fully intend on buying it out at end of lease, which is why I out so much money down.

BNeal

Reaction score
Too bad 0% through FCA/Ram is only when you pay MSRP...same with Ford and Chevy. Actually makes for higher payments/price then if you get 3% at sale price.
Not true in my case. I paid invoice, plus a $500 rebate, and got 0%/60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/