5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has a leak?!

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Hey you guys if you have a leak in your truck defiantly check out my NEW video!
please and thank you!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did this a couple weeks ago. I also put some RTV clear silicone around the outside edge of the new gasket where it meets the plastic, and on the seam where the ends of the new gasket meet.

He didn't clean the glue from the old gasket that well. It took me a long time, but I got almost 100% of the glue off by letting goo gone soak on it several minutes. I dabbed it on with a cloth (if you spray be careful not to get it inside housing openings). Then I heated up the glue and scraped with a blue plastic trim removal tool I had from Crutchfield.

Used middle one in pic.

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I wan
I did this a couple weeks ago. I also put some RTV clear silicone around the outside edge of the new gasket where it meets the plastic, and on the seam where the ends of the new gasket meet.

He didn't clean the glue from the old gasket that well. It took me a long time, but I got almost 100% of the glue off by letting goo gone soak on it several minutes. I dabbed it on with a cloth (if you spray be careful not to get it inside housing openings). Then I heated up the glue and scraped with a blue plastic trim removal tool I had from Crutchfield.

Used middle one in pic.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the silicon too. Hopefully this holds up

Users who are viewing this thread