5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else went from coupe / sedan to truck?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Anyone else make the jump from car to truck with their purchase? I traded in a 2017 BMW 430i Gran Coupe M Sport for my Rebel yesterday, and man, I'm going to need to adjust! I had a Sierra SLT crew before the BMW, but this feels even bigger somehow. And it's not a complaint, I'm just amazed at how much room I have as a 6'2" guy who got used to barely fitting in the Beemer. Rest assured that my back is thankful for the switch.

I picked her up yesterday evening, but so far I'm amazed at the amount of room in the Rebel. Even the backseat has astoundingly ample leg and head room. Then there's the whole thing with getting used to the feel of a truck again. I feel like I'm taking up the whole road, haha.

20200801_200915.jpg 20200801_200926.jpg

radarme

Reaction score
I went from a 2017 530i to the 2020 Ram Limited. The tech in this truck is pretty incredible and the user interface is great. Still getting used to navigating parking lots!

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
went from fully loaded sport luxury Genesis Sedan to Bighorn...loving the change.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I traded my 2012 Mopar12 300 for my 2019 Longhorn

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nburd

Reaction score
I went from a 2013 300S Hemi AWD to my new 2020 Bighorn Night Crew Off Road Package. Sold the 300 outright and shopped for a month for the other options and finally said it‘s Ram for me (again). The Ram was love at first site. I had a strict budget limit and fortunately it met it. We test drove 1-3 year old choices as I was set on used To start. The Genesis G90, Hyundai Palisade Limited (New) , Expedition Max, F-150 Platium Suburban, Silverado LTZ (new) and the new Ram was the final verdict. No regrets.

Attachments

• 2CC16F4B-1E83-4440-8423-233F90FE8DB6.jpeg
    2CC16F4B-1E83-4440-8423-233F90FE8DB6.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Maconi

Reaction score
After driving compact sedans for 15 years I'm still having trouble navigating cramped parking lots but I definitely don't regret it lol.

tigercat74

Reaction score
Went from an Audi Q7 to a 2020 Limited. Parking lots are definitely more interesting now.

smashweights

Reaction score
Before
IMG_20200424_151949.jpg

After
IMG_20191228_121609-1.jpg

White wasn't my intention with either but worked out that way. I drove the truck exclusively for 4 months before selling the car and when I drove it to the buyer I couldn't believe how low and small it felt. My first truck but I knew from renting an Escalade ESL with surround view I wanted that and it's been so helpful. Just having to get used to backing into spots instead of pulling in.

Boston

Reaction score
I can almost hear my wife saying why do you need and what will you do with all that room...

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Before
View attachment 64146

After
View attachment 64147

White wasn't my intention with either but worked out that way. I drove the truck exclusively for 4 months before selling the car and when I drove it to the buyer I couldn't believe how low and small it felt. My first truck but I knew from renting an Escalade ESL with surround view I wanted that and it's been so helpful. Just having to get used to backing into spots instead of pulling in.
I test drove a Sierra Denali with the all-over view and it's pretty slick. Super helpful. Kinda wish I had that on my Rebel, but oh well.

Beautiful truck, brother. Great upgrade.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I went from a 2017 530i to the 2020 Ram Limited. The tech in this truck is pretty incredible and the user interface is great. Still getting used to navigating parking lots!
Yep. She's a whole beast and a half.
[
Went from a 2006 Honda Civic Coupe to this bad mamajama! My first truck ever and I freaking love it!
That's a beautiful ride, man. Great choice.

JimD007

Reaction score
My tradesman crew cab is my first truck. But I kept my bimmer, a 128i covertible. I had a small SUV when I bought the bimmer and a different small SUV before that one. I drive the truck the most but still enjoy the convertible too. It's easier to find a parking space for the little bimmer but otherwise I have gotten used to the space requirements for the truck.

badpewterz

Reaction score
I have had ALOT of vehicles over the years. But went from a Nissan Altura to my 18 express quad hemi to my 2020 BTS bighirn crew. There's just something about a truck lol

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I do some weird (and radical) changes. This time - not so radical.

Went from a '16 Honda Pilot - to a '19 RAM Limited. And honestly - if they'd had at least done some "mid-generation updates" to the Pilot, I would have bought another one - but I wasn't paying $45K for "new car small". I was real happy with my Pilot - the only thing it lack was towing capacity.

Before the '16 Pilot, a '12 Pilot - which replaced my '08 Honda Element (that got totalled in '12). I loved the Element so much, that I would have bought another one if Honda hadn't stopped making them. The TWIN to my '08 Element (another '08 - same color/options) with 25K miles, was on a lot in '12, for more than I paid for mine new. So I went up to a Pilot.

Before the Element - 2005 CORVETTE (that got stolen in 08), that I went nuts on/with (twin screw blower, heads cam - the whole nine yards - 10.2 in the qtr on street tires). But before the Vette I had an 02 2500 Suburban (last year of the 3/4 ton Suburban I think).

So, from a Suburban to a Vette, to an Element, to two generations of Pilot - to a RAM 1500.

I looked @ the Durango - too small for my liking. If RAM made a full sized SUV based on the 1500 platform - I'd likely jump on it.

Love my '19 Limited 4X2. I (literally) drove EVERY mid/full sized pickup and SUV from every manufacturer. Even walked into a (gasp) FORD DEALERSHIP for the first time in my life. The F-150 Platinum Diesel was a very close 2nd. For the $$ and option level - as well as comfort and style - the RAM beat the Ford. A similarly equipped F-150 would have cost me almost $10K more (even factoring in the diesel).

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread