5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else is waiting for the new tailgate?

Jhas

Reaction score
Looking at a new Longhorn.....think I’ll wait for the tailgate option.

How about anyone else?

acat

Reaction score
Looks interesting to me, the new tailgate, but when will it to be available to order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger482

Reaction score
Already have my truck but would not get the tailgate if I was ordering. I don't like the look of the seam and don't really see a use for the functions in my day-to-day. Plus its a decent upcharge.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
While I don't feel super bummed about getting my truck before seeing the new tailgate as it's not a huge deal. I'd definitely have waited to get it with the tailgate if I was buying now

Zebber

Reaction score
If it was like the GMC or Chevy tailgate I might want to wait for it but I don't like the split design at all. GM finally got something right that Ram is trying to copy but I think they fell a little short on this one. GM tailgate design is a lot better just the rest of the GM trucks are dated. Just my opinion.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
If it was like the GMC or Chevy tailgate I might want to wait for it but I don't like the split design at all. GM finally got something right that Ram is trying to copy but I think they fell a little short on this one. GM tailgate design is a lot better just the rest of the GM trucks are dated. Just my opinion.

Funny, I was of the other opinion. The GM one seems gimicky and mostly unuseful other than the step functionality which is pretty great.

The split letting me get farther in to the bed and unload it with out getting crud in the split seemed more useful for me although I'd still want to add the bed step too.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the posts from folks on the new and creative ways they manage to damage the new tail gate. I personally don't see the point of it.

Zebber

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the posts from folks on the new and creative ways they manage to damage the new tail gate. I personally don't see the point of it.

Me too,, for the Ram's and GM's,, sometimes simpler is better.

smiles5619

Reaction score

I agree. I believe the Ram tailgate is more user friendly, less hassle, etc. However, I just do not like the look. It's not for me.

Jackham

Reaction score
I don't think GM got it right at all. Ford did. The GM one is going to put your pants right up against your bumper. Also way to complicated. Wait till it gets dirty, or dented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/