5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistling Noise window / panoramic

JAW_1979

Reaction score
I have been experiencing for months a whistling noise when driving over 35mph when either the driver / passenger is cracked open and if the panoramic sunroof is vented or all 3 together it is coming from the passenger side and I cannot pinpoint the noise. the noise is not coming from the mirrors.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. Mine sounds like I have the driver side window cracked. It's been discussed on here a few times. Some people say it has to do with the mirrors.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been experiencing for months a whistling noise when driving over 35mph when either the driver / passenger is cracked open and if the panoramic sunroof is vented or all 3 together it is coming from the passenger side and I cannot pinpoint the noise. the noise is not coming from the mirrors.

Hi JAW_1979,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, I just followed up on your PM!

Same here. Mine sounds like I have the driver side window cracked. It's been discussed on here a few times. Some people say it has to do with the mirrors.

Hi firemedic10584,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this concern with your truck. If it would be of interest, I would be more than happy to learn additional details regarding your situation to determine how to best assist you at this point. Please follow up with us via PM when you can.

Mark
RamCares

renzo2213

Reaction score
I’m having a whistling noise from the passenger air vent when I change the air to recirculate inside the cabin. Very noticeable at 60+ mph... dealer keeps giving me the run around saying they don’t hear anything when everyone that dudes in my truck notices it. Pretty embarrassing that a $60,000 vehicle makes that noise. It’s been to the dealer 3 times. Probably going to start talking about the lemon law with them. Definitely a leak in the cabin somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
I’m having a whistling noise from the passenger air vent when I change the air to recirculate inside the cabin. Very noticeable at 60+ mph... dealer keeps giving me the run around saying they don’t hear anything when everyone that dudes in my truck notices it. Pretty embarrassing that a $60,000 vehicle makes that noise. It’s been to the dealer 3 times. Probably going to start talking about the lemon law with them. Definitely a leak in the cabin somewhere

Hi renzo2213,

I sincerely regret to hear of the frustration that has been associated with your ownership experience. To clarify, have you considered working with a different local dealer for a second opinion? We are more than happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

lapedr

Reaction score
I had the same issue at the upper left portion of the windshield. How I came to find out the problem though was kind of crazy. I had to have my windshield replaced bc of a serious crack from me being a dumb$$s. I was changing out wiper blades and lost hold of the drivers side wiper arm. The arm smacked the windshield and sent a crack all the way up. I have since learned to put a pad behind the wiper arm when changing out blades.

Anyway, after having the windshield replaced there developed a whistling noise coming from the top left near the drivers visor. It would begin at around 35 and get worse with speed. If I pushed on the windshield it would get louder. It turns out that the replacement windshield was defective and had to be replaced. The air was coming through between the seal and the glass. Our trucks do not use adhesive, they rely on a type of rubber seal that is installed with a special tool. If you push on the windshield while driving you should hear where its leaking. It whistles bc the air is going over the rubber just like if you held a piece of grass between your fingers and blew on it you would get the same type whistle.

renzo2213

Reaction score
I had the same issue at the upper left portion of the windshield. How I came to find out the problem though was kind of crazy. I had to have my windshield replaced bc of a serious crack from me being a dumb$$s. I was changing out wiper blades and lost hold of the drivers side wiper arm. The arm smacked the windshield and sent a crack all the way up. I have since learned to put a pad behind the wiper arm when changing out blades.

Anyway, after having the windshield replaced there developed a whistling noise coming from the top left near the drivers visor. It would begin at around 35 and get worse with speed. If I pushed on the windshield it would get louder. It turns out that the replacement windshield was defective and had to be replaced. The air was coming through between the seal and the glass. Our trucks do not use adhesive, they rely on a type of rubber seal that is installed with a special tool. If you push on the windshield while driving you should hear where its leaking. It whistles bc the air is going over the rubber just like if you held a piece of grass between your fingers and blew on it you would get the same type whistle.

I’m going to have to give that a try. Because it only happens when I recirculate the air which means air is getting pressured through something

renzo2213

Reaction score
Hi renzo2213,

I sincerely regret to hear of the frustration that has been associated with your ownership experience. To clarify, have you considered working with a different local dealer for a second opinion? We are more than happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

I haven’t had time to take it to a different dealer

RamCares

Reaction score
I haven’t had time to take it to a different dealer

Thank you for the follow up, renzo2213. I certainly understand. If you do move forward with a second opinion please be sure to let us know via PM.

Mark
RamCares

Huskymush

Reaction score
Had an issue with wind noise when I first picked up the truck. Brought it to two dealers and they both couldnt find the issue and said it was normal. Luckily enough for me it was a simple fix. Narrowed my noise down to the moon roof. Went to check it out from the top to see how it was sealing and noticed a large gap in the front of the panel. Looks like the glass was misaligned from the factory. All that needs to be done to adjust the glass is to slightly raise the the glass to the tilt position, from there you can access 6 torque screws(3 on each side). All you have to do is loosen the screws, re-position the glass so that the gap is gone and re-tighten when in the correct position.

Users who are viewing this thread