5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistling inside cab at high speed

Albrock

Reaction score
I've had this issue for awhile. If it's semi windy out and I'm driving on the interstate and I hit anything above 70-75 I get a loud loud whistling sound in my cab. I thought it was my speakers or something else but it wasn't. Windows up, radio off. I mean it's piecing loud. Took it in and of course they couldn't replicate. Has anyone else had this issue or know what it could be. I have another post about grinding while turning. For $65,000 I feel like I have been robbed, especially since I've had nothing but issues and it only comes with a 36k warranty. So now I'm paying out of pocket for this pos.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have a moon roof? Could be the ANC. If you roll a window down, does it go away?

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I had it on my driver's side. Dealer fixed it. They said something was cracked in the pillar. Now I get it on the passenger side. Haven't been able to get a dealer to fix it yet.

Albrock

Reaction score
Do you have a moon roof? Could be the ANC. If you roll a window down, does it go away?
I don't have a moon roof and sound doesn't go away if window is rolled down. Had it to dealer but we don't have an interstate close enough to drive that fast.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my truck at the dealer for a whole month for this issue, though it started at 60mph. They eventually found a hole behind the instrument cluster and replaced the windshield.

Now it *sometimes* whistles at 70-75 but naturally every time I've brought it in the issue disappears.

Albrock

Reaction score
At least your dealer found a fix. Mine just said they don't really chase noises.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The F150 also has a whistle at about 70mph. On that truck, someone found that holes where the mirror attaches that air was getting through. The fix? Pop off the triangle to access the mirror bolts and put electrical tape over any hole and wrap the mirror wire harness as tightly as you can to seal outside air from coming in. That was on the F150.

I've heard others say they found a hole in the firewall that allows air and water into the cab. Look for one of those and plug it.

Users who are viewing this thread