5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whipple SC and fiberglass hood

Phoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I apologize for the late post but I did get everything done and it turned out well. The Truck saw a moderate increase of 130hp to the rear wheels with the Whipple tune that provides a warranty. So it now has a cold air intake; Magnaflow exhaust and the Whipple
The hood is also done; I have attached pictures.
Cool! How much boost are you running?

Lize

Reaction score
Awesome! Great that Whipple will cover the warranty too.

Out of interest do you find any traction problems in 2WD on wet/slippery pavement?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of interest do you find any traction problems in 2WD on wet/slippery pavement?

I find traction problems myself and I'm not running and additional power makers .. so I'm guessing, YES

A better question would be :
1 - dry pavement
2 - 4WD or Auto4WD

That would be a better need-to-know with his power mod. :)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any truck with a PDB is a tire spinner lol. You won’t even be able to go full tilt at 70 without blowing the tires off lol. Not on factory all seasons anyway. A heavy LT will definitely help.

In that regard, the centrif setup is a bit more forgiving.

Lize

Reaction score
Mines got zero wet grip in 2WD with just a Pedal Commander but I put that down to the knobbly tires on the Rebel, another member suggested the tires aren’t as good for road as I had on my Raptor which had far better grip.

I’d like to think about an SC but if all it’s going to do is drift everywhere without even very heavy throttle then I’ll likely not bother.

You’re right a better question would have been what’s it like in 4WD but I was wondering if better tires and more power equated to the same grip loss in 2WD with PC and Rebel tires.

I don’t have Auto so it’s a bit of a pain keep swapping for either speed or manoeuvrability as it’s impossible to park in small spaces in 4WD.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6pds is a lot on a high compression engine with pistons that are not designed for boost. Don’t let uneducated people here make you feel that’s a low number. You’d have to pull that motor and change the internals to add more boost and be safe.
Nice build and thx for sharing I’m sure it drives way stronger than most here will understand.

Nismofreak

Reaction score
So from what I've read, whipple offers a factory out the box tune at 6 psi? Would this mean they include a engine management system? If not, which management are you running with this setup?

Users who are viewing this thread