5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Trims did We Pick

Which trim did you pick

• Total voters

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No Power Wagon option. Just picked one up and already feel like the black sheep.
Powerwagon is not a 1500.

I can't vote!!! No power wagon option for us. What's up with that?

See our sister site HDRAMS.COM

don't have mine up there warlock 2019
Warlock is the 2019 classic, which is still a 4th gen, a DS, and this poll is for a 5th Gen 2019, a DT.

Sorry about the inconvenience. We have a section for the 4th Generation, but we moved all the Heavy Duty talk to HDRAMS.COM. once the Heavy Duty move to a true 5th Gen designation...maybe I will adjust this, along with the TRX if it ever gets here.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice call on trading that 1500 Laramie for the 2500 Bighorn especially since now you’ll have the best of both. :)

JimD007

Reaction score
My Ram 1500 is what I consider a work truck. I don't work, I am retired, but want a truck to haul wood for my hobby and other stuff. My other car is a BMW convertible that is 10 years old but I like it. I expect you guys with nicer Rams really like them but for me the BMW covers the "nice vehicle" role and I want a truck I don't mind getting dirty or dusty. So I bought a low end Tradesman. The tiny radio without bluetooth bugs me but an aftermarket radio will solve that (and add navigation). I only bought it yesterday but I am happy with my choice. But I also very much respect the right of other people to drive something nicer than my "work truck" (which still seems nice to me, even without all the do-dads).

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m also retired but don’t need per say a truck, just want one. Trust me I have no problem with a base model truck because it still does what you want and without the added frills lol.

Jako

Reaction score
My Ram 1500 is what I consider a work truck. I don't work, I am retired, but want a truck to haul wood for my hobby and other stuff. My other car is a BMW convertible that is 10 years old but I like it. I expect you guys with nicer Rams really like them but for me the BMW covers the "nice vehicle" role and I want a truck I don't mind getting dirty or dusty. So I bought a low end Tradesman. The tiny radio without bluetooth bugs me but an aftermarket radio will solve that (and add navigation). I only bought it yesterday but I am happy with my choice. But I also very much respect the right of other people to drive something nicer than my "work truck" (which still seems nice to me, even without all the do-dads).
Retired with more projects than I care to count. I kept my 2001 Dodge SLT (82,000 miles) for the dirty work (gravel, dirt, sod and such) and winter weather (aka snow/salt). Relaxing to own as the nicks, scratches and rust does not concern me. I use the 2019 Bighorn also for construction projects but I control what happens. Fully understand where you are coming from.

I have had a $475 station wagon in 1979, $1200 short dodge van (apartment renovation), back doors crushed and no AC in 1981, free-o Ford F-150 in 1989 (put a motor in eventually, building house) and finally bought the 2001 1500 that was used as the family vehicle and my wife used more than I did. I shared vehicles with her and for a number of years with my sons (still do). The 2019 Ram was probably the best "treat" to myself. I kept it to a Bighorn with some upgrades. I have comfort driving as never before. The family does not care to drive the new Ram. I have no problem sharing, I think they do want the responsibility of a new vehicle. The 2 down sides is parking in the NYC metro area as it is 3" wider, 8" longer than my 2001 and is noticeable in parking and maneuverability.
"haul wood for my hobby" is the hobby wood working? That's one of my "projects". Best of luck in retirement, Ram and hobby.

RJS

Reaction score
I could have bought a very nice Limited or Longhorn for the money I spent on my Laramie Sport but the overall look of the sport model, wheel combo, interior and some features I didn't want pushed me into the Laramie.

Jako

Reaction score
I could have bought a very nice Limited or Longhorn for the money I spent on my Laramie Sport but the overall look of the sport model, wheel combo, interior and some features I didn't want pushed me into the Laramie.
Similar - Bighorn MSRP $49,865.

JimD007

Reaction score
Yes, my main hobby is woodworking. I hauled off about 70 gallons of wood dust, mostly planner chips, in the back of the Tradesman today along with a lot of scraps I needed to clean up. Really nice to be able to throw things in the back and head to the dump.

My other logic for the Ram is my grandkids. Car seats take up a LOT of space. My daughter says my convertible is too small. She likes her husbands Ram and did not like the loss of space in the smaller pickups. But with the Ram we can fit two kids in the backseat and she can sit between them.

Now I need to get rid of my trailer.

hunter1234

Reaction score
You got great work truck, I usually buy fully loaded Laramie's that I like for my "nice vehicle" but I buy 4x4 tradesman for my business, I usually buy 10 per year (still waiting for my 10 I ordered in February) and have not had one issue with them and my staff do beat them up in road construction and survey. They are built to be a true work trucks and a great value - In the past I was buying big horns for the business, mainly for the backup camera and locking tailgate , been a faithful RAM 1500 and 2500 buyer since 2004 and we put a lot of miles and construction site work on them. We usually turn the vehicles at 10 years and about 300,000 miles and the only issue out of all the Rams is a blown engine a few years back on one 2007. In my opinion if you wanted a reliable work truck you have one.

hoodac78

Reaction score
I wanted the air suspension for leveling out the truck for when I tow our holiday trailer. I didn't want to buy brand new, and I've only come across the air suspension in the Sport trim once on a used truck. Its much easier to find in the Limited trim. I also really like new technology and having a good sound system, so the 12" screen and the HK sound system was also something I really wanted. Just came down to the Limited. Very happy with my purchase!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Bighorn, but with all the options I have, I should have gotten a Laramie :oops:

however, there were some options that I had to have and this Bighorn has everything I needed. The only thing I am missing is the Leather and I could have it added later on.

A few must-haves for me:

1. 3.92, HEMI 4x4
2. Factory Bed Liner
3. Sunroof
4. Upgraded Sound
5. Factory NAV(for the internet option)
6. Night Package/Rebel/Built to Serve (I like the black grill)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went in wanting a loaded Big Horn but wanted leather instead of cloth. Yes I could of had Katzkin installed like my previous ram. So I started looking for a BTS edition. Found one local looked and the non painted bumpers turned me away. I thought about buying one and have them painted but decided I’m not doing all that for a truck for the price I’m about to pay. Didn’t even think about Laramies because I didn’t want all the fancy features until I built one and realized I didn’t have to go all ot.
Ended up with 98% of what I wanted except the 33 gas tank which wasn’t a deal breaker and saved nearly 11k off MSRP

4x4
Skid plates
Led package
Laramie level 1
Sport package
Rambox
12” screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

johnehr

Reaction score
There was only one choice for me. Fell in love with the Black and Saddle interior and the amazing wood accents. So I ordered a Longhorn and never looked back.

BigSarge64

Reaction score
Got my First Truck ever on Nov 2020, 2020 Ram 2500 4x4 Offroad. Very happy with my purchase. Stating to build it for overlanding. Slowly but shurely

Attachments

• 3ba681fb-e556-4a1e-820c-e38c28f264c9.jpg
    3ba681fb-e556-4a1e-820c-e38c28f264c9.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3ca1ff8b-328e-4c0d-9636-9b09d6224641.jpg
    3ca1ff8b-328e-4c0d-9636-9b09d6224641.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 26
  • 12d44e64-ccf5-4b55-9643-ebbd08483373.jpg
    12d44e64-ccf5-4b55-9643-ebbd08483373.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 24

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went with a Bighorn with a few key options - it was the best balance between features and payload. Hating sunroofs and leather helped a lot in the decision. ;)

Jako

Reaction score
I went with a Bighorn with a few key options - it was the best balance between features and payload. Hating sunroofs and leather helped a lot in the decision. ;)
Man of my own heart.

Reactions: Ros

Users who are viewing this thread