5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which setup for best MPG on the Hemi

Willyq711

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking at two preowned non-etorque Hemi's, both 2019's (Longhorns). I'm looking to get some feedback on which of these will give better gas mileage....

1. 2019 Longhorn, Hemi non-etorque, 2x4 with 3.92 axle.

2. 2019 Longhorn, Hemi non-etorque, 4x4 with 3.21 axle.

Most of my driving is 50/50 city/hwy and very little towing, if any. I do drive spirited at around 80+ on the Hwy.

The question here bis what's more beneficial for fuel economy... The weight savinga and lesser drive train work of the 2x4, or the lower gear ratio?

Thanks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking at two preowned non-etorque Hemi's, both 2019's (Longhorns). I'm looking to get some feedback on which of these will give better gas mileage....

1. 2019 Longhorn, Hemi non-etorque, 2x4 with 3.92 axle.

2. 2019 Longhorn, Hemi non-etorque, 4x4 with 3.21 axle.

Most of my driving is 50/50 city/hwy and very little towing, if any. I do drive spirited at around 80+ on the Hwy.

The question here bis what's more beneficial for fuel economy... The weight savinga and lesser drive train work of the 2x4, or the lower gear ratio?

Thanks.

2x4s are for wood.

Number 2 would probably give the best. But keep in mind you are probably only going to see a 1 or 2 MPH difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/