5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Mobil 1 Oil Filter Instead of OEM Mopar Filter?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
as someone who has owned cars and low ones his whole life, its a nice change to just have to put the truck in off road 2 setting and crawl under it without having to use ramps or jacks to change the oil
You’re skinnier than me...lol. But ramps + air suspension FTW!

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
i could fit but still a tighter squeeze than I would like. I'm just gonna use the ramps next time to make it faster.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Anyone use a Fumoto oil drain valve here? I install them on all of my cars and it makes things so much easier. It replaces your stock drain plug with a valve and it has a nipple on the end. When you want to change your oil next time, you just attach a short hose (or not if you're using a pan anyway) stick the other end into an old 5 qt oil bottle and flip the lever. I just got a new one since my Limited is almost ready for it's first change.

IMG_1977.jpeg

jimk hunt

Reaction score
A couple of posts on the fumoto here (search). For some reason IIRC people were using a different version of that valve. Clearance issue with sway bar maybe?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone use a Fumoto oil drain valve here? I install them on all of my cars and it makes things so much easier. It replaces your stock drain plug with a valve and it has a nipple on the end. When you want to change your oil next time, you just attach a short hose (or not if you're using a pan anyway) stick the other end into an old 5 qt oil bottle and flip the lever. I just got a new one since my Limited is almost ready for it's first change.

View attachment 32894
I got the FEMCO version of this and installed it on the last oil change. Hopefully it goes smooth next change. FEMCO.jpg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 32894
Yep.

Ruben2015

Reaction score
there is a rebate on mobil 1 5qt jugs. You can get the jugs for under $20 at walmart and $12 rebate on each, limit 4 per household. So its $8/5qts

Is this thru the website? Walmart has the for about 28 around where I am

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
Is this thru the website? Walmart has the for about 28 around where I am

the price changes sometimes

As an alternative there is a $10 pennzoil rebate when you get the 5 quart jugs

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As an alternative there is a $10 pennzoil rebate when you get the 5 quart jugs

Be sure you read all the promo info for that one. The rebate is usually there but it is not always applicable to your area.

My last oil change I got the rebate (bought from Amazon). This time around I started the process to submit my receipt and I did not recognize any of the retailers in the "Select Participating Retailer" block. I still got a good deal on the 5 gal jugs but was a little disappointed that I wasn't getting the rebate. If you are counting on it definitely check the promo first to make sure your retailer is listed as those are the only places you can provide a receipt from to get the rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread