5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which engine for this application

artgluck99

Reaction score
Regarding a new 3500 4x4 truck, which engine would you select for these two tasks?

#1 Plowing during the winter. Specifically plowing up a long road and plowing 1 commercial parking lot.

#2 Carrying 4,000 lbs of freight in the bed. Sometimes we would use the truck and max out its carrying capacity but most days 4,000 lbs would be normal.

Anyone have a argument for the diesel or the gas specifically related to these tasks or similar ones? The Diesel would not be the HO it would be the standard. Do not consider towing, this truck will not be used for towing.

Firebird

Reaction score
Having owned 6 Cummins trucks, and a heavy duty 6.4, I surprisingly liked driving the Hemi much better. If you were towing all the time, then Cummins hands down, but I would recommend driving the 6.4 and see what you think

artgluck99

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I will drive the gas and diesel and will report back

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I will drive the gas and diesel and will report back
We also have a site dedicated to the Heavy Duty. HDRAMs.com

Join us over there aswell. We like to talk HD here, but you will get more responses and info there.

Thanks for joining us.

Users who are viewing this thread