5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where we are located: World

Where are you from

• Total voters

VandeWS

Reaction score
I'm from Belgium too. Where were you from? And how do you like the new place?
Born around Leuven, lived in Antwerp for 12 years. The US/St. Louis certainly is different, but so far I enjoy living here. It's just so cool to drive an hour and be in the middle of nowhere. So many nice places to camp and go into nature.

Where do you live?

MaydayMalone

Reaction score
Way up north in Timmins Ontario Canada, mining and forestry town, deepest base metal mine in the world 9880 feet and exploring to go deeper, potential of 11400 ft.

Former home of Shania Twain, for people who like country music

Steve Sullivan, brothers Frank and Peter Mahovlich and Allan Stanley are among the 39 NHL players born in Timmins, for the people who like NHL hockey.
Birthplace of Kathy Kreiner, alpine ski, Olympic gold medalist
From Sudbury

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Born around Leuven, lived in Antwerp for 12 years. The US/St. Louis certainly is different, but so far I enjoy living here. It's just so cool to drive an hour and be in the middle of nowhere. So many nice places to camp and go into nature.

Where do you live?
One thing I consistently encounter on my business travels is that many Europeans have no grasp of how ****ing huge the US is as a country lol.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing I consistently encounter on my business travels is that many Europeans have no grasp of how ****ing huge the US is as a country lol.

Interesting story about that. My ex-wife volunteered to show foreign-exchange students around her college campus (W. IL). They consistently said they planned on visiting the statue of liberty one day after visiting Chicago and then the Golden Gate Bridge the day after that. They absolutely had no idea that you can't drive there in a day like you can get thru another country in Europe.

Another story - My wife and I house-sat for a friend at her house in Switzerland. After that week, we planned another week's trip and rented a car. When we told her friend that we were going to drive to Munich and then Vienna and then go back to Zurich to catch our flight, she was floored. She told us that would be a whole day's worth of driving. We laughed and told her we lived in Arizona where the State is so large it can sometimes take us a day just to get out of it. I guess the Swiss don't like to drive. We enjoy it, get to see the countryside, and put the pedal to the floor on the Autobahn. Fun times.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I checked prices of lpg gas and fuel there. it is so cheap. I wish we had such prices here too.
Prices are cheap in terms of your earnings, in fact the prices are high. Well, spare parts are very expensive taking into account delivery.
Accordingly, there is no warranty for the car, there are also no services for this brand. I have to do everything myself in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread