5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to get a 1+ hour test drive of a Limited? (Central FL)

jastevenson

Reaction score
I rented a Ram Big Horn and drove it for a day to really get a feel for the truck. Problem is, suspension quality is HUGE for me (90% of the reason I am trading in my current vehicle), so I really want to put the air suspension through its paces along the routes I drive daily to make sure it is worth the money and added complexity.

Dealerships around here (Orlando) basically won't let you drive it more than a couple of miles. Not sure if it's a dealer insurance issue or what. Anyone know a place that rents Limiteds or dealerships with more liberal test driving policies?

Thanks!

DM-SC

Reaction score
If you liked the ride quality of the Big Horn, I bet you'd like the air suspension.

As for long test drives, the reason dealers want to keep test drives short is that most buyers don't want a truck with miles on it.

You could contact dealers and try to find one where they have a Limited someone is using as a demo.

The dealer where I purchased from not only had a sales manager with a Limited demo, they also had a used Limited.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5thgenram1989

Reaction score
They wont let you, because 1 hour on a truck can come back with 100 miles on it. Nobody wants that truck anymore unless it's discounted. You can maybe tell the dealer you will buy on the spot if it's what youre looking for and they will consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread