5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the block heater located on a 1500 ram sport- 2019

Truthdecay

Reaction score
They say its installed, but I can't find it. Am I missing something?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If installed and the cable is routed, it will be routed under the hood on the passenger side of the vehicle near the right head lamp assembly. It is located between the front grill and the radiator, but underneath the black upper seal.

Quoted from owners manual page 293.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA decided on the most asinine location to terminate the plug for the block heater cord. Had to run an extension cord through the engine bay down to the tow hook. Cheap, cheap cheap *** move if you ask me. At least my 16' Rebel lemon had a cord that reached the grille.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FCA decided on the most asinine location to terminate the plug for the block heater cord. Had to run an extension cord through the engine bay down to the tow hook. Cheap, cheap cheap *** move if you ask me. At least my 16' Rebel lemon had a cord that reached the grille.

Yes did mine the other day. The engineer that thought of that one should be fired.

Truthdecay

Reaction score
Yup, it was up by the windshield on the passenger side. That phot by smashy71 is correct.

Thanks all.

Also, weathertech floor matts, horrible. They sent the wrong drivers side mat in the dodge box. Fits a ford. Had to get a new set. Dodge told me thats the 5th set that was screwed up. Makes you wonder the quality control when they can't even put them in the right box.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, it was up by the windshield on the passenger side. That phot by smashy71 is correct.

Thanks all.

Also, weathertech floor matts, horrible. They sent the wrong drivers side mat in the dodge box. Fits a ford. Had to get a new set. Dodge told me thats the 5th set that was screwed up. Makes you wonder the quality control when they can't even put them in the right box.
I received 2 of the same side for the rear set of Mopar all weather mats. Must be industry standards!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least you got yours (maybe).. I ordered mine and it was never installed at the factory :(

--- but I did get the Bed Step which wasn't able to be ordered :)

Users who are viewing this thread