5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are you all mounting your CB's?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have you looked into a glass mount?

Last edited:

amiran

Reaction score
Vouloir en mettre un dans mon camion aussi. Je n'en ai pas besoin, mais j'ai toujours aimé en avoir un. Pour le moment, je ne sais pas où en installer un qui ne gênera pas.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you looked into a glass mount?

Back in the day, we sold one to a customer that insisted on having a glass mount, didn't work worth a hoot. He ended up buying a K40 from us.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I got mine installed but SWR is pretty high over 3.0 :(. checked antenna/coax and ground, all look good. maybe due to location of the antenna. anyone have better suggestion where to mount antenna?
View attachment 41584 View attachment 41583
I know when I ran them pretty regular with the 150 watt linear, the radio shop told me I needed to get the base on top of the truck. Working with the roof line gave you a better ground plane to work with. It was hard to get my swr's down low when I had it on a tool box or on the top edge of the bed. I was able to keep my SWR's lower that way when I had it on the roof.. I'm thinking about rigging it back up, but I'm scared the wattage may mess up the electronics in the truck.

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine installed but SWR is pretty high over 3.0 :(. checked antenna/coax and ground, all look good. maybe due to location of the antenna. anyone have better suggestion where to mount antenna?
View attachment 41584 View attachment 41583
This is my 3 foot fire-stick.
VSWR is 1:1.8 on channel 20, no additional grounding. Made the bracket out of stainless steel, painted it and bolted to the rail.

fire-stick.jpg

SgtCookeUSMC

Reaction score
Custom mini dash panel.
I know this is an old thread but this is a clean installation! What type of radio is this? I've gotta ask, since you appear to have attention to detail...how did you mount/route antenna and wiring?

ProfJeff

Reaction score
I am also interested in this project, thinking of adding one too. I don't have those sliding bed rails, but I am guessing they could be added as they give a great mounting point.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Yes I did. Trucks long been sold but I still have it if anyone’s interested.
If been off here for a few weeks but definitely interested if it’s still available. PM some details and we’ll see if we can work something out!

Tdad13

Reaction score
Yes I did. Trucks long been sold but I still have it if anyone’s interested.
I know this is a long shot but just inquiring if you have anymore of these mounts or know if anywhere to get something similar? Thank you in advance.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread