5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to use "axle Lock"

Monteman1971

Reaction score
I just opened the owners manual to read up when to use the "axle lock"...but for the life of me I can't find it! I read the entire section on four wheel drive and saw nothing that says when you can or should engage it. Checked the index and also wasn't able to locate anything on it. The sales guy said that it should only be engaged if your in 4xlow but to tell you the truth I have no confidence in anything those guys say because most of the time I think they are guessing themselves.

So does anyone know where it is in the manual or have anything from Ram that gives the specifications?

Thanks,
Steve

Monteman1971

Reaction score
Found it...... AXLE LOCKER SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED This vehicle is equipped with an electronically locking rear differential. This differential, when engaged, mechanically lock together the axle shafts forcing the wheels to spin at an equal rate. The locking of the rear differential should only be engaged during low-speed, extreme off-road situations where one wheel is likely to not be in contact with the ground. It is not recommended to drive the vehicle with the differentials locked on pavement due to the reduced ability to turn and speed limitations.

Never mind....
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread