5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheels 22"

TAK

Reaction score
looking to upgrade my stock 20 inch wheels to 22" Like to keep stock stance...I have looked at tire rack and did not see anything that I liked so far. Where are all you getting your aftermarket wheels? Suggestions please.

nashmax73

Reaction score
I've been on here maybe 3 times since I bought my 2020 crew cab, short bed, midnight edition. Like you, I am wanting to beef up the factory 20" to 22" wheels. I am looking for the "flush" offset, which is just mildly different than stock. Also live in SW FL, so curious who others recommend.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For flush, you’ll be looking roughly at a 22x10 at +1 offset.
I started learning what our options are for flush on americantrucks.com, then take that offset and width over to customwheeloffset.com to get an idea of possibilities.

That being said, I’m really liking the Strada Retro 5 in 24x10. I just don’t know if 24’s will look too big if I don’t do a lift.

nashmax73

Reaction score
I started learning what our options are for flush on americantrucks.com, then take that offset and width over to customwheeloffset.com to get an idea of possibilities.

That being said, I’m really liking the Strada Retro 5 in 24x10. I just don’t know if 24’s will look too big if I don’t do a lift.

Excellent info djevox. Much appreciated!

TittoPollito

Reaction score

24x10 looks fine, I have a 4/6 drop and it fills it up just right in my opinion.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 67

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
24x10 looks fine, I have a 4/6 drop and it fills it up just right in my opinion.
That does look amazing lowered! I have a 4x4 with a reverse level (front stock and rear lowered 2” when I install the springs tomorrow) and would want at least 35 aspect ratio tires. Not sure if the fenderwell gaps would look weird. I think a lot of wheels look strange until a truck gets lowered.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
That does look amazing lowered! I have a 4x4 with a reverse level (front stock and rear lowered 2” when I install the springs tomorrow) and would want at least 35 aspect ratio tires. Not sure if the fenderwell gaps would look weird. I think a lot of wheels look strange until a truck gets lowered.
If motorcycle racing wasn't so expensive, I would defiantly have a Long travel and 37" like MCD or Kibbe. I would love to have the funds to have McNeil do a one piece front end and some big hips for the bed.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck came with 22s and that was the first thing I got rid of. I'm running 20s with KO2s. Those sidewalls are way too thin for the places I drive.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck came with 22s and that was the first thing I got rid of. I'm running 20s with KO2s. Those sidewalls are way too thin for the places I drive.
What did you do with your 22’s?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sold them on Marketplace. I also hated the way they looked, not sure why Ram hasn't changed them in 3 years now.
Thanks for responding. I actually like the polished and gunmetal 22’s a lot, so I’m still looking for an affordable set. If I’m going to pay almost $3k, then I’ll get something like this instead

384162D6-F9FF-4A00-A95B-4A0BFE8C0EDE.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You guys make me want too buy two sets....one polished and one black. LOL
You could do polished on the left and black on the right. It’ll be like a different truck depending on which side you look at, lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats funny I wonder if anyone has done that! It would be a kick!!
That and painting cars half and half has been popular around here for years, especially on Hondas and Nissans. It’s usually not done tastefully though.

LouNY

Reaction score
To each his own,
I searched all over for a Laramie with 18's because for my driving those 20 an 22's are completely worthless.
Then I purchased a second set of 18's to mount my snow tires on and I'll likely go narrower then stock for those tires,
looking at 255/70-18's or possibly 265/70-18's those low profile super wides tires are about useless to me.

Users who are viewing this thread