5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Touch up Paint

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
So the black noise is NOT the correct color to match Laramie Night Edition 22's.
It has silver flake in it or something. Looks like black body paint. Not matte like the night edition wheels.
Maybe the Low Gloss Black is the correct match?

20211122_111425.jpg

Last edited:

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I also had the Testors mentioned in this thread (1139) so I tried that.
It is a much closer match, but no matter what it shows where it painted.
This was my first attempt and basically just slapped it on with a small brush I had.
Im embarrassed to post the pictures lol, but here you go.
From afar its better than the bare aluminum showing, but up close its obvious.
I could have done much better prep too.
I think I will have a buddy who does detailing do it properly eventually. I need to smooth it out much more.
The sanding stick in the Mopar kit is almost useless for a larger mark.

20211122_114448.jpg

Last edited:

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
That's a 1 on a difficulty scale of ten for any competent wheel repair shop (1 being easiest).

Surfnurse311 is in Tampa. Glenn's Wheel Polishing will make that wheel look new.

Yeah! I got him to quote me for $265 and would take 3 days. I was thinkin of just paintin it myself but honestly it will bug me knowing its there if it doesnt look perfect. I saw glenns had some pics of an awesome repair on a lambo that had some bad rims from a curb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grouper

Reaction score
Yeah! I got him to quote me for $265 and would take 3 days. I was thinkin of just paintin it myself but honestly it will bug me knowing its there if it doesnt look perfect. I saw glenns had some pics of an awesome repair on a lambo that had some bad rims from a curb

Keep us posted. You definitely get what you pay for. Glenn's will not disappoint.

TeePea

Reaction score
This thread is perfect timing as I started looking into fixing a few scratches on one of my wheels.

This is great. I am hoping someone can help me figure out what I need for my: 2020 Limited 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Polish / Painted Wheels w/Insert. I've attached a picture of mine that have scratches in the silver part.
Hi Jimbotron,
Did you ever figure out which touch-up paint to get for the silver part on your wheels? I have the same ones and was wondering what you used. Was also wondering which one to get for the black part. Thanks!

1647878098857.png

tonygunz

Reaction score
For those that have a Limited Night Edition with the 22in "black aluminum" rims that aren't actually black, but more of a dark metallic grey, the correct paint color is called Black Noise.

I recently bought a black 2021 Limited with the Night Edition package. It doesn't make much sense that everything included in the Night Edition is black except for the wheels. I still like the look though. I searched quite a bit trying to locate the proper color to do some touch up on some rash, but came up with nothing. I kept searching and saw that some Challengers have wheels that appeared to be the same color as mine and they were advertised as being in a color called "Black Noise". I went ahead and ordered a Mopar paint pen in that color and it turned out to be an exact match. I searched quite a bit, so hopefully this can help someone that may have the same wheels and are looking for touch-up paint. Based on what others have said above, I do not think it will match other night edition wheels, only the 22" that come on the Limited.

cr02pica

Reaction score
After researching forever I decided to take a chance on the Mopar Low Gloss Black PWX/PCR paint pen to touch up some scuffs on my ‘21 Laramie Night Edition 22” wheels and I think that’s the right color. I can’t really tell where the scuffs were until I get up close to the wheels, and that’s really only because I didn’t sand the area before I touched them up. I just whipped them down with an alcohol pad and blotter the scuffed area. Hope this helps.

Mopar Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Low Gloss Black PXW/PCR Wheel Touch Up Paint OEM https://a.co/d/4HobKEf

T-roy82

Reaction score
Did anybody figure out what the paint code is for the painted dark grey or whatever it is on the polished limited rims? I tried PAU and it is too light. It's probably the color of the painted part on the polished Laramie rims.

Apexevo8

Reaction score
Not a lot of answers for the other wheels so I’ll throw one more out there! Anyone know a good match for a ‘23 rebel with the night package? I didn’t curb it but it somehow got a chip on the wheel paint. I guess it has to be from a rock on the highway. Kind of annoying, they where perfect for the first month I had the truck and then all of a sudden it showed up. I would take it back to the dealer but I know it wasn’t there after I bought it, only has 1300 miles on it now.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Ya I curbed my 23 limited night edition rim. Was so pissed at myself. There is no protection from these low profile tires at all. With that said, what is the paint for the 23 limited night edition rims? Is it the black noise?

TIA

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ya I curbed my 23 limited night edition rim. Was so pissed at myself. There is no protection from these low profile tires at all. With that said, what is the paint for the 23 limited night edition rims? Is it the black noise?

TIA
Yes it is.

The Laramie has differnet wheels, the Limited is black noise (I own a stick of it and it does match)

Josh24

Reaction score
Thanks dark, now to find it in stock. Lol

I had a hard time finding the Black Noise as well. Called my dealer today and they were able scan their system another dealer had it in stock about 30 minutes away. Might try giving that a shot as it seems like everyone online is backordered.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a hard time finding the Black Noise as well. Called my dealer today and they were able scan their system another dealer had it in stock about 30 minutes away. Might try giving that a shot as it seems like everyone online is backordered.
100% do that.
They might mail it to you if you call em.

I show supply shortages are the reason still no idea why.

Users who are viewing this thread