5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Touch up Paint

Maxx

Reaction score
Kissed a curb today, anyone know what the wheel paint part number is for a 2020 Limited w/ Black Appearance Package wheel for paint? I have a small rash on the rim.

Thx!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to know that too if anyone can supply it. The wife added her own style to her right rear wheel on her Limited w/BAP.

Walveg35

Reaction score
Same... I wish you could choose to use the mirror cameras independently on the screen to watch your wheels close to a curb.

I’ve had my Ram for a couple of weeks now, and one of my biggest fears is scraping a curb with my wheel/tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swag1981

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Testors Satin Black Enamel hobby paint is a perfect match. I got it for like $1.50 at menards. Since it’s enamel it’s waterproof. I can send a pic tomorrow when it’s light outside.

Edit: The satin black is a perfect match for the Night Edition Wheels. The gloss black is likely a better match for the Black Appearance Wheels.

Last edited:

Bassinb

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Testors Satin Black Enamel hobby paint is a perfect match. I got it for like $1.50 at menards. Since it’s enamel it’s waterproof. I can send a pic tomorrow when it’s light outside.

Good to know. Could you also post a picture of the paint label?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. Could you also post a picture of the paint label?
I'm guessing it looks like something like this...

Testors paint.JPG

I used to build models in my younger days. I may even have a bottle of it still. Wonder if it's dried out by now.

Swag1981

Reaction score
The paint your looking for is Testors 1139 Semi Gloss Black. Here is some pics of the label and a close up of the wheel where I painted it and a slightly farther away. Up close you can see it because I didn’t sand down the marks, but I have a hard time finding it from a distance anymore.

f9cc66aea5ac129a8dce6a601240b82d.jpg

e63a8f55863d2ce3d3c440f349ffd7fb.jpg

067834c1c12cc787c0b008cace5978d8.jpg

Swag1981

Reaction score
Mines the Laramie Night Edition, and it calls out satin finish wheels. I see yours call out gloss wheels on the spec sheet, so you might want to go with the 1147 black gloss instead. If you don’t have mineral spirits, get a small tin so you can wipe it off before it dries if you don’t like the match, but it should be very close.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t use the 1147, that’s gloss black, it will stand out a lot. Make sure you use semi-gloss or satin.

The wheels on my Limited w/black appearance package are gloss. My guess would be to use 1147 if you have gloss black wheels, and 1139 if they are satin.

Swag1981

Reaction score
The wheels on my Limited w/black appearance package are gloss. My guess would be to use 1147 if you have gloss black wheels, and 1139 if they are satin.

Yeah, I corrected myself earlier, so I would definitely agree with you. I just assumed that the night edition and black appearance were the same type of paint. Just have some mineral spirits handy so you can wipe it off if you don’t like the match.

Grouper

Reaction score
Are the satin black wheels difficult to clean?

cocowboy

Reaction score
Hey there, Thought you would all like to know that Mopar sells Wheel Touch up Paint kits. They are less than 20 bucks and there several colors to choose from. I just ordered mine and they will be in next week. The dealer didn't even know there was such a thing. So I Pointed them the catalog that is linked here. Check out page #3

Ram21

Reaction score
Hey there, Thought you would all like to know that Mopar sells Wheel Touch up Paint kits. They are less than 20 bucks and there several colors to choose from. I just ordered mine and they will be in next week. The dealer didn't even know there was such a thing. So I Pointed them the catalog that is linked here. Check out page #3

How can I find out the part number I'd need for a '21 Ram Limited 22" Black Aluminum Wheels (Night Edition). Asking for a friend. :oops:

Scarriere

Reaction score

jimbotron

Reaction score
This thread is perfect timing as I started looking into fixing a few scratches on one of my wheels.

This is great. I am hoping someone can help me figure out what I need for my: 2020 Limited 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Polish / Painted Wheels w/Insert. I've attached a picture of mine that have scratches in the silver part.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 80

ABarton

Reaction score
How can I find out the part number I'd need for a '21 Ram Limited 22" Black Aluminum Wheels (Night Edition). Asking for a friend. :oops:
Hi - Did you ever figure out which color matches the night edition wheels? Asking for a friend as well !

Ram21

Reaction score
Hi - Did you ever figure out which color matches the night edition wheels? Asking for a friend as well !
Well I searched on Ebay for these touch up paints for wheels since my local dealer had no idea they even existed. I asked the seller what they thought would be a match and he suggested Gloss Black wheel Touch up PX8, however I can't be sure that's right but ordered it anyway. I just got it yesterday and going to do a quick spot on the wheel to see if it matches. Seems like no one really knows what the exact match would be which I find kind of hard to believe. I do know when I called a local wheel repair guy out here he was quoting me like $250 because of the difficulty in matching it. Suggested I refinish all 4 wheels so they match and gave me a price. I passed.

Users who are viewing this thread