5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel/Tire Size with Mopar 2" Lift

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought the 2" lift off a member here and looking for wheel and tire setups for those who have the lift. I was considering swapping my Laramie Night 22s for some 20" wheels and 35" tires.

Do 35s fit with this lift? Also anyone have 35s on their 22s instead of getting smaller wheels? I love my Laramie wheels and would like to save the money if I can.

ais122

Reaction score
I think I have the answer for you! I struggled with this same question for quite some time! With a leveling kit, you won't be able to fit "true" 35s unless you can get it a hair taller (I'd say 1"). With a leveling kit, the biggest you can get is basically a 295/60r20 (34" tire), unless you want to go thinner and taller. I opted to go for wider and a bit smaller for my personal aesthetic reasons, but I think you could go thinner to possibly stretch a 34.5ish. The 35s will require some trimming and work unless you lift it a little bit. I just put some photos of my setup on a previous post, but let me know if you'd like to see them or if you have any questions.

As an FYI, I also have a Laramie (2021) Sport and it came w/ 22" wheels. I managed to take a picture during the install of the new tires to give people an idea of the difference. I want to say it's because of the angle, but it's not.... it's just that much of a difference lol. No one will be able to tell you don't have "35s"... they are huge.

20220214_133422.jpg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I have the answer for you! I struggled with this same question for quite some time! With a leveling kit, you won't be able to fit "true" 35s unless you can get it a hair taller (I'd say 1"). With a leveling kit, the biggest you can get is basically a 295/60r20 (34" tire), unless you want to go thinner and taller. I opted to go for wider and a bit smaller for my personal aesthetic reasons, but I think you could go thinner to possibly stretch a 34.5ish. The 35s will require some trimming and work unless you lift it a little bit. I just put some photos of my setup on a previous post, but let me know if you'd like to see them or if you have any questions.

As an FYI, I also have a Laramie (2021) Sport and it came w/ 22" wheels. I managed to take a picture during the install of the new tires to give people an idea of the difference. I want to say it's because of the angle, but it's not.... it's just that much of a difference lol. No one will be able to tell you don't have "35s"... they are huge.

View attachment 144478
Thanks for the reply! I think my plans are changing. Dirt King Fabrication is developing their long travel kit by next year. I think I'm going to just save up for that and some 37"s haha

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I think my plans are changing. Dirt King Fabrication is developing their long travel kit by next year. I think I'm going to just save up for that and some 37"s haha
And off my little Mopar 2" kit goes on its next cross-country trip to its next owner! 🤣

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And off my little Mopar 2" kit goes on its next cross-country trip to its next owner! 🤣
Lol nothing is set in stone. I'm indecisive! I'll probably still throw the 2" on until they get that kit done and I save up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/