5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel /tire size advice for '21 Limited 1500 w/Air ride No lift

djjr50

Reaction score
Good deal. I've seen a lot of talk about 305/45/22

Extra width shoukd be more grippy but also more road feel.

Looks like 275 may be the way for me.

Any handling issues?
No squealing yet around the highway on and off ramps I traverse but I'm seriously looking into the Hellwig based on everyone's input. Obviously, this isn't a sports car, but the initial lean is disrupting an otherwise great riding vehicle.

PNW Guy

Reaction score
I am going to have Michelin Defender LTX installed in 275/50R22 next week (hopefully). It will give me almost 0.7" of total extra sidewall and only 0.4" more narrow.

Hopefully that will give me more tire with the same stock 22" rim (and a better overall tire with more wet traction).
How do you like the 275s on your truck? Thinking about doing the same.

djjr50

Reaction score
How do you like the 275s on your truck? Thinking about doing the same.
Very much!

Some of this has to be taken with a grain of salt since my Goodyear's were down to the wear bars when I replaced them (going from worn tire to a new one will almost always be better), but the ride has a little bit more 'glide' to it over smaller road imperfections.

The dry grip is about the same (I cannot discern a noticeable improvement) but the wet performance is better. Perhaps that is due to a smaller width and all of the weight going into a slight smaller contact patch, but it could be because of the tread design as well. I've driven in the downpours we customarily get in Florida and the rear stays planted under all but the most heavy-footed, sharp corners.

The tire appears bigger (it is, but just barely) and that is great. I havent noticed any rubbing in any of the positions but I havent done a thorough test.

With just about 5,000 miles on them and 4 months later, they still look almost new and are quiet.

I did get a Hellwig on within the last 5 weeks or so and I love the improvement.

rrram02

Reaction score
Confused on what my choices would be (offset, etc) for swapping out my stock wheels and tires to these Fuel Rebel 6 Fuel 1-Piece Wheels Rebel 6 - D679 Wheels
in a 20x9 and a slightly bigger tire (295 or 305?). I don't want a 22x9, I like a little more tire showing than tall *** wheels.
I don't want to do a lift or anything. Just want to swap out the anemic looking tires (not crazy about the wheels either) but my have to settle for just the tires for now if I can't determine what would work.

Pic below what I like minus the lift.

View attachment 85636
Hey, For a 20x9 wheel, considering a 295 or 305 tire size sounds like a solid plan. It should give you that beefier look without needing a lift. The Fuel Rebel wheels you're eyeing have a unique style that can complement a variety of tire sizes.

Make sure to pay attention to the offset to ensure the wheels sit just right. Checking with a local tire and wheel expert could provide additional insights tailored to your vehicle specs. Best of luck with your wheel and tire upgrade journey.

Users who are viewing this thread