5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel /tire size advice for '21 Limited 1500 w/Air ride No lift

Ram21

Reaction score
Confused on what my choices would be (offset, etc) for swapping out my stock wheels and tires to these Fuel Rebel 6 http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel/12615/fuel-1-piece-wheels-rebel-6-d679/?finishID=12&lugs=6
in a 20x9 and a slightly bigger tire (295 or 305?). I don't want a 22x9, I like a little more tire showing than tall *** wheels.
I don't want to do a lift or anything. Just want to swap out the anemic looking tires (not crazy about the wheels either) but my have to settle for just the tires for now if I can't determine what would work.

Pic below what I like minus the lift.

1615723436009.png

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 295/305 is width in mm.
So are you looking for wider tires?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The width limits will be published by the tire mfgs. You can pick the tire you like then see the minimum width rim recommended.

Ram21

Reaction score
The width limits will be published by the tire mfgs. You can pick the tire you like then see the minimum width rim recommended.
I'm asking what offset would work with my truck for the wheels, perhaps my question isn't clear. Or in other words what is the stock offset for the Limited 22" wheels, so I can determine the aftermarket wheel offsets.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Well...since that’s my truck your looking at i can offer some first hand advice =). You’re going to want something like a +20 or +18 offset if going 20x9. That will keep it inline with the fender.

a 285/60 would fit just fine

Ram21

Reaction score
Well...since that’s my truck your looking at i can offer some first hand advice =). You’re going to want something like a +20 or +18 offset if going 20x9. That will keep it inline with the fender.

a 285/60 would fit just fine
Thanks. Your setup looks great, looking to do the same wheels except in black. You don't think a 60 tire will rub?

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Thanks. Your setup looks great, looking to do the same wheels except in black. You don't think a 60 tire will rub?
Nope...most rubbing is cause by offset being negative and pushing the wheels out. My the +20 you wont hit any fender pieces and have clearance of the control arms/struts

louscrw

Reaction score
I don’t have pictures yet, damn rain and pollen, but I mounted 295/70r18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on 18x9 ET0 Icon Rebounds with factory air (no lift or level). I have 0 rub in the 3 days of driving it so far. I’ve turned the wheel to lock both ways going forward and reverse, over speed bumps, and up/down the curb into my driveway (also with the wheel locked).

Reverse

Reaction score
There is a whole thread already for exactly this question

djjr50

Reaction score
I am going to have Michelin Defender LTX installed in 275/50R22 next week (hopefully). It will give me almost 0.7" of total extra sidewall and only 0.4" more narrow.

Hopefully that will give me more tire with the same stock 22" rim (and a better overall tire with more wet traction).

nvbike01

Reaction score
I don’t have pictures yet, damn rain and pollen, but I mounted 295/70r18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on 18x9 ET0 Icon Rebounds with factory air (no lift or level). I have 0 rub in the 3 days of driving it so far. I’ve turned the wheel to lock both ways going forward and reverse, over speed bumps, and up/down the curb into my driveway (also with the wheel locked).

What about in Entry/Exit. It seems that is where most golfs have the problem. I’m also considering trading in my 22s for some 18s.

nvbike01

Reaction score
What about in Entry/Exit. It seems that is where most golfs have the problem. I’m also considering trading in my 22s for some 18s.

“Folks” have the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louscrw

Reaction score
I did lower it to entry/exit mode and turn the wheel lock to lock, I didn’t see it touching anywhere...it is very close though. But, how often are you ever driving in that position? I forget the speed, but it raises almost immediately doesn’t it?

I think I just got the perfect setup, the tire size of this exact tire model (as you know, all tire mfg. are slightly different even if the same stated size) and wheels. I was shocked it didn’t rub. FYI, it’s now been just over a week, and I still haven’t rubbed.

Ram21

Reaction score
I did lower it to entry/exit mode and turn the wheel lock to lock, I didn’t see it touching anywhere...it is very close though. But, how often are you ever driving in that position? I forget the speed, but it raises almost immediately doesn’t it?

I think I just got the perfect setup, the tire size of this exact tire model (as you know, all tire mfg. are slightly different even if the same stated size) and wheels. I was shocked it didn’t rub. FYI, it’s now been just over a week, and I still haven’t rubbed.
Can you post some pics of your setup?

Floyd

Reaction score
I am going to have Michelin Defender LTX installed in 275/50R22 next week (hopefully). It will give me almost 0.7" of total extra sidewall and only 0.4" more narrow.

Hopefully that will give me more tire with the same stock 22" rim (and a better overall tire with more wet traction).
How did this turn out??

djjr50

Reaction score
How did this turn out??
Great! The extra sidewall is great for the ride. Quiet tire and wet traction seems to be good. Biggest improvement is the wheel fills the wheel well better.

Floyd

Reaction score
Great! The extra sidewall is great for the ride. Quiet tire and wet traction seems to be good. Biggest improvement is the wheel fills the wheel well better.
Good deal. I've seen a lot of talk about 305/45/22

Extra width should be more grippy but also more road feel.

Looks like 275 may be the way for me.

Any handling issues?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread