5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel lug key replacement

Ontopofit

Reaction score
How can I identify the lug key for truck? I lost the darn key and I bought the truck used and can’t find any paperwork or identification for the key? I’d like to get one fairly quickly so I don’t get into a jam without it.

Attachments

• B97ECBEC-BABF-488F-9A05-90BBCAE3B6F4.jpeg
    B97ECBEC-BABF-488F-9A05-90BBCAE3B6F4.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 26

tyromeo55

Reaction score
I don’t know about a key but NAPA sells a hardened socket with reversed threads that will remove them. Then just get a replacement set

Ontopofit

Reaction score
Thanks, I have an appt next week for a warranty repair so I’ll probably check then. A guy on YouTube has a video where he beats on a 1” then a 7/8 socket, I guess I’ll try that or the reverse socket if I get in a bind before then

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Go to the dealer. If it's factory, the shop probably has a set of keys. Once they figure out which choice is yours, it should be easy to order a key.
Or if speed is of the essence, do what tyromeo55 recommends. They probably have a lock set in stock..
THIS^^^ Most all dealers and tire shops have a complete set of keys to take off these lug nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread