5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel hub assembly

Kev123

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 4wd bighorn and I need new wheel bearings in the front. Anyone have suggestions on bearings and can give a brand and part number. Thanks in advance.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
My choices for drive assemblies and suspension have always been Mopar or MOOG. MOOG was more expensive so going with Mopar was a no brainer.

I just replaced the front passenger hub assembly this morning with a Mopar unit.

In my research, I found three different part numbers and costs but I believe that the issue was the revision of the part. My original order was delayed so I had to scramble and find something local before I leave for a 2 week work trip. The only assembly I could find in stock was 126 miles away and the old part number of 68339389AG. The cost was $399. Meanwhile, the new part that was out of stock would have been just $237. I’m told the difference is that the old part is side specific and the new part will fit either side.?.?.?

The latest part number is 68339389AH and I will post a side by side comparison of it to the original passenger side hub.

Not a single aftermarket version was available within 150 miles of me. I checked Advance Auto, O’Reilley’s and Auto Zone. Most Ram dealers could get one within a few days but the only ones with stock were all around 125 miles away so I had to make the drive to get one in time.

50e2f86d3672f61c900dfd7ac5fd250d.jpg

cbdbb9c82ff7f5ddd564c59dd4693fba.jpg

98748ed67d1f368cdb2020704bfdf6b6.jpg

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got a chinese replacement from partsgeek for 116.95
Original gave up the ghost at 79k. I find that disappointing.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Mine failed at 111k but only because I threw the weights off the front right tire and ran it for awhile with the unbalance. I got new tires installed the day before I hit the road on a work trip. I felt a shimmy on the third day but travelled another 500 miles before I could get to a shop to get them rebalanced. The bearing started making noise shortly after that and was getting louder every week since. Drivers side is still buttery smooth.

Had the same experience on my 2002 Ram and had to replace a front right hub assembly around 200K miles. The left side was still OEM and smooth when I sold the truck with 326k miles on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread