5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel and Tyre options for RAM 1500 Limited

josh23

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new to the threads and positing my first question here.
The 5th gen Rams are finally getting delivered here in Australia now and i get my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited night edtion next week.
Im wanting to get some winter wheels and tyres and wanted to know what a good setup was, as im not wanting to touch the air suspension and dont wnat any rubbing issues. I would still like to give it a tough thicker stance but wasnt sure what the best tyre and rim size and offset was? In Australia its illegal to have tyre poke out from fender.
i was initally thining 295/55/20 but it seems that the rim offset needs to be +20 or so for no tyre poke and i feel it makes the rims look not as good with that massive postive offset?
Any thoughts or options would be great?

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
In general, you should be able to run 275/65/20's no problem on a stock truck with Air Suspension. Of course there will be outliers that will rub. I am getting ready to put that size on my 2021 Bighorn. At lease I think I am. I need to think it through a little bit more and figure out if it fits into my overall goal of the truck.

I can say that on my 2014 I ran 275/65/20 on my air suspension truck. Three different tires. 1st tire was the stock. Goodyear SA or something like that. Basically throw a ways. I removed the stock tires within a few hundred miles. I then put Bridgestone Revos on it. I ram them down at 70,000 miles. I then went to the Nitto Ridgegrappler ( or something like that) and they lasted 45,000 miles. I just sold that truck and got a new one. But, before I did I put BFGoodrich T/A KO2's on it. I only put three thousand miles on those tires before I sold it. Out of those 4 tires, I would say the KO2's where the best tire for my needs. Which is mixed pavement and off-road (farm tracs) in a 50/50 split.

There where times when in three of the tire sets I ran on my 2014 I could spin all 4 tires with little effort on wet grass. The KO2's where the winner for me. Even in 2 wheel drive on wet grass it was never a issue to gain traction. OK, I really did not get a chance to use them that much. But when I did I really felt it was a good choice for a all season tire for me. That is a E rated tire. It is heavy and durable as hell.

I have the C rated Falken Wildpeak in a LT size on my new truck. Perhaps I would recommend the E rated version of that for a winter tire.

@josh23 does winter mean snow or just sloppy roads? What part of OZ are you in?

Users who are viewing this thread