5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite wax or detail spray.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, I was stuck in the past on wax/paint sealant technology. I went with two items for my vehicles, Lucas slick mist to try on the older vehicles and Mother's CMX ceramic spray coating for the Ram, what a game changer from the other products I have and should definitely help with long-term paint protection and the elements here in Illinois. Granite crystal metallic sure has a way of changing colors on how the light hits it. Here are some pictures with the ceramic spray and thanks again for the input.
Screenshot_20231018-150418_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231019-010512_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231018-142825_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231018-142913_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231019-010524_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231018-143110_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231019-010621_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231018-143334_Gallery.jpg

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax. been using it since it came out and i have absolutely no issues with it. wifes car is professionally ceramic coated an this stuff has the same performance as far as water beeding off. I just applicate more and buff out once every 3-4 months or so

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From just how you are on this site.... i think im pretty confident to say you are exactly what id think you would look like from the way you "talk" (type) :ROFLMAO:
That doesn't work. When I was talking to my salesman, Charles Davis, at Mark Dodge, during my whole process, I pictured him. I discussed it with him, and I forget exactly what I had said, but I said things, like he was probably 6 foot tall, and what his age was, ad I forget what else. He told me , no, I'm 6 foot 3, and went on with his description, of his other attributes. Change my picture of him. Here's a picture of him. Bullshirted me the whole way. He got the biggest kick out of it. He's a great guy.

Attachments

• Charles Davis.jpg
    Charles Davis.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 22

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
That doesn't work. When I was talking to my salesman, Charles Davis, at Mark Dodge, during my whole process, I pictured him. I discussed it with him, and I forget exactly what I had said, but I said things, like he was probably 6 foot tall, and what his age was, ad I forget what else. He told me , no, I'm 6 foot 3, and went on with his description, of his other attributes. Change my picture of him. Here's a picture of him. Bullshirted me the whole way. He got the biggest kick out of it. He's a great guy.
lmaoooo thats pretty cool, at least yalls interaction was good when purchasing!

6of36

Reaction score
lmaoooo thats pretty cool, at least yalls interaction was good when purchasing!
I highly recommend MD, and Charles. I've texted back and forth with him a couple times since. Even though I didn't finance, I had to deal with Marsh, the finance guy, and the general manager, whose name I forgot, and they were all extremely nice, and friendly. Marsh of course offered to sell all the extras, like warranties, and tire protections, but only offered, and wasn't pushy.

6of36

Reaction score
Back to the waxes....I would not tell anybody, not to get the dealership ceramic. However, I did get the ceramic on my new truck, mainly, because I was driving home 1,400 miles, so I wanted protection, plus it included fabric protection, which covers stains and rips to the Sea Salt interior, for 5 years. They only apply to the painted surfaces. Using the Mothers CMX on top of the other ceramic increases the shine dramatically. It is not only good for paint, but chrome, glass, and matte surfaces. My DurangoI just replaced looked just waxed after a year and a half. The first three pictures, are the dealer ceramic, the last three, are after applying Mothers, to the windshield, mirrors, passenger glass, and hood. The front chrome is duller, because even though it is easy to do, due to health issues, it will take me a few days to complete, and I had applied the Mothers there, but needed a break, before wiping off. You can even see besides the hood and mirrors shining better, the glass that was coated, shines better. I swear by this stuff.

Attachments

• Ram Mothers on Hood.jpg
    Ram Mothers on Hood.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Ram after Mothers on Hood.jpg
    Ram after Mothers on Hood.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Ram Hood with Mothers.jpg
    Ram Hood with Mothers.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Right Front Before Mothers.jpg
    Right Front Before Mothers.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Ram Side before Mothers.jpg
    Ram Side before Mothers.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Ram Right Rear Before Mothers.jpg
    Ram Right Rear Before Mothers.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 20

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been using Turtle Wax Spray on "Wet or Dry" Car Wax.
It certainly appears there are superior products.
My question is, what do I need to do to the surfaces to use a different product?
So take it easy on me please... 20231016_185539.jpg 20231012_161012.jpg

Jarrod32

Reaction score
Following, as I just acquired a '58 F600 from my father in law and it needs a polishing pretty bad. Pictured here, and a couple of gratuitous Deere pics (because I can't let the Farmalls be the only ones pictured). A 1949 M, and my father in law driving the 1937 D in his hometown parade.
1698029807135.png

1698030127258.png

1698030191435.png

6of36

Reaction score

Wirerat

Reaction score
Used to use the Meguires. Looks OK, but doesn't last long. You have to reapply weekly. Good for shows, for a quick shine.
The wax holds up ok though. After it builds up. I only use the detailer when drying. I really like the smell. 😏

6of36

Reaction score
The wax holds up ok though. After it builds up. I only use the detailer when drying. I really like the smell. 😏
My brother in law has been using the detailer on his boat for close to 20 years. He buys it in gallon jugs. You can't walk on the bow. Worse when it gets some water spray.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Philth

Reaction score
I used to use Zaino but seems much more labor intensive than a good ceramic coating. I applied UndrDog Pro to my '23 and couldn't be happier.
Cerramic maintenance is far less than Zaino. Also FWIW, my Zaino coated car wouldn't really shed dirt as well as ceramic does.

Users who are viewing this thread