5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats up with the forum "view more" button?

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I come here I always click the whats new at the top of the page. After that when I get to the bottom of the page I click on "view more", it used to give me, well, more. Now it takes me to the home page! IS something broken?

derp

Reaction score
whats wrong with it is that it is hot crap. Yes clearing browser cache temporarily resets the problem. It still comes back and sucks just as hard later. I have watched it happen on three different computers (work laptop, personal laptop, personal desktop).

One of the workarounds is to take the page the button leads you to and drop the / off of the end of the URL. that works for a bit, and then it will need to be done 2, 3 times. eventually I break down and flush the cache again.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I have the same issue on all my computers as well. I done everything listed above But the problem keeps coming back. I don't any problem with this option over on hdrams ?

UPDATE:
I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and Chrome. My computer has been set to clean all the Cash, History and Cookies every time I turn it off for some time now. It only helps for a time or two after powering computer and then the problem is back.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issues on iOS (Safari) or Windows (Chrome and Edge). When you hit View More, it just kicks you over to New Posts with no filters applied. If you click on New Posts again, it filters to show only unread posts. This behavior is consistent across phone, tablet, and computer.

Note: I do not use Tapatalk.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Although it is a pain clearing the cache is the easiest way.

@Jared B has been working on it.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
For those using Chrome, the quickest way I have found to TEMPORARILY resolve the issue:

-hit Control-Shift-I (that's the letter i) to bring up "Dev Tools" sidebar.
-RIGHT-click on refresh button, select "empty cache and hard reload"
-close the devtools sidebar by clicking the X (or just hit control-shift-i again)

Again, this is just a temporary fix as you'll likely have to do it again after closing the browser, but at least you can do the above in about 5 seconds flat once you do it a few times ;)

1FastHemi

Reaction score
For those using Chrome, the quickest way I have found to TEMPORARILY resolve the issue:

-hit Control-Shift-I (that's the letter i) to bring up "Dev Tools" sidebar.
-RIGHT-click on refresh button, select "empty cache and hard reload"
-close the devtools sidebar by clicking the X (or just hit control-shift-i again)

Again, this is just a temporary fix as you'll likely have to do it again after closing the browser, but at least you can do the above in about 5 seconds flat once you do it a few times ;)

SORRY, I tried it a couple of times and I still have the same problem.

For some reason, I am only having this problem on this site.. Go Figure ?

Xhumeka

Reaction score
SORRY, I tried it a couple of times and I still have the same problem.

For some reason, I am only having this problem on this site.. Go Figure ?

I should have mentioned that first you need to click the "view more" option, THEN immediately after it takes you back to the homepage do the process as described above... let me know if that works for you, cheers.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that first you need to click the "view more" option, THEN immediately after it takes you back to the homepage do the process as described above... let me know if that works for you, cheers.

Thanks, I'll try that (y)

Users who are viewing this thread