5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's This Little Shelf Behind the Seat?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My BigHorn has this little shelf (in the yellow circle) behind the back seat.
rear_shelf.jpg
Obviously for some option I didn't get. I'm thinking it might be a place to mount a compact air compressor for rear axle air assist bags. But I'm the curious type, so I have to ask, what was its original purpose?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My BigHorn has this little shelf (in the yellow circle) behind the back seat.
View attachment 140169
Obviously for some option I didn't get. I'm thinking it might be a place to mount a compact air compressor for rear axle air assist bags. But I'm the curious type, so I have to ask, what was its original purpose?
Do you have the Alpine speakers? If not, might be mount for sub box

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha...I just tore out my rear seats, and this is what it looks like with the sub. That shelf is where the bottom of the sub mount should be. The sub takes up that entire space, so maybe just a sub-delete piece I'm thinking.

Attachments

• 20221102_170656.jpg
    20221102_170656.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 144

jljbtm

Reaction score
How difficult is it to remove the back seat?
I ask because I have a rattle back there only on certain bass notes that im fed up with. I thought it was the speaker in the ceiling but ive ruled that out

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ask because I have a rattle back there only on certain bass notes that im fed up with. I thought it was the speaker in the ceiling but ive ruled that out

Not that difficult, just a couple screws on the bottom and you can take both seats out.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is a moderate pain in the neck due to the lock-tite that they used.

Users who are viewing this thread