5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

spiG

Reaction score
Biggest complaint is no proximity with keyless entry for BH 2. Why have keyless entry but yet have to use the key to ENTER!! I’ll be fixing this in a month by adding it on my own but shouldn’t have to!

PMantle

Reaction score
I just learned this week that my A/C is never really off. When I push the button and the light goes off, I still get cooled air.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wind buffeting with a window open is insane, my driver door literaly bounces in and out when a rear passenger opens their window.
I don't know what your use to driving, but wind buffeting from an open window is a common problem on many vehicles, especially big trucks. It is actually a sign of smooth aerodynamic air flow across the vehicles surfaces (with the windows closed, of course). When I have a passenger that has their window down, I usually just open the rear slider a bit and the buffeting goes away.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 040401 miles.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With out a doubt the sh***y AC.
Temperatures over 100 degrees and the 5th gen sucks. 115 degrees forget it. Takes over 20 minutes to even attempt to cool down and even then it sucks.
I could hang meat in mine, never even thought of setting it lower than 65

bwsRam19

Reaction score
I don't know what your use to driving, but wind buffeting from an open window is a common problem on many vehicles, especially big trucks. It is actually a sign of smooth aerodynamic air flow across the vehicles surfaces (with the windows closed, of course). When I have a passenger that has their window down, I usually just open the rear slider a bit and the buffeting goes away.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 040401 miles.
2017 ram is what i traded for my 19, I also drive a 2008 Ford f150 king ranch crew cab, neither were or are as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread