5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats behind bumper #1??

Rayzram

Reaction score
Ok what the heck is it? Large flap running the width of the front bumper on an electric actuator. Its just behind the front bumper valance. Best guess is something relating to temperature for warm up or for added cooling, will rotate and deflect air or redirect air.

Rayzram

Reaction score
So it is supposed to deploy when? Best guess here is it "tucks " away while at low speeds or when parking so as to not knock it off, then when at highway speeds it will "deploy" and redirect air?? I knew Ford played with this, but not something I was aware of on Ram. I was sizing the Ram up for its first service and noticed it. Thanks for the link.

Rayzram

Reaction score
That's an easy one...who will answer first

Glad it was an easy answer for you guys because I was guessing. Thanks for not making me feel to much like a moron. I live by the only dumb question is the one you do not ask. Nice feature and glad I asked about it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We love questions. Alot of us here learning together. It gets really fun to see who is ready to help and who will give the most info.

There are so many neat features on the 2019 that I am sure there will be some that people continue to learn about.

Thanks for asking.

Rayzram

Reaction score
We love questions. Alot of us here learning together. It gets really fun to see who is ready to help and who will give the most info.

There are so many neat features on the 2019 that I am sure there will be some that people continue to learn about.

Thanks for asking.

Like the tablet holder in the center console for rear seat passengers. I seen the slots in the cup holders and stumbled onto the fact them slots are made to hold a tablet. This truck amazes me daily with little things I find.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad it was an easy answer for you guys because I was guessing. Thanks for not making me feel to much like a moron. I live by the only dumb question is the one you do not ask. Nice feature and glad I asked about it.
Since you noticed that crawling under your truck...curious if you noticed the Easter eggs throughout the truck...that is an awesome thing FCA really likes to do

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like the table holder in the center console for rear seat passengers. I seen the slots in the cup holders and stumbled onto the fact them slots are made to hold a tablet. This truck amazes me daily with little things I find.
Well, I see you did notice some. I was all over a Rebel at Truck Nationals at Carlisle to see if I could find any I already hadn't seen. Awesome stuff

Users who are viewing this thread