5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's a Good Interior Detailer?

cervelo15

Reaction score
Believe me when I say, I have tried them all. I currently use the P&S Express Detailer. It works pretty good, but I feel like it doesn't repel lint. I end up dusting the dash every other day (and I drive with windows closed).

My pre-requisites are I dont want it to leave any sheen, want to keep the flat matte sheen from factory. Also looking for lint repelling capabilities. These dark dashboards are hard to keep lint free. I have seen good reviews for Gyeon Interior Detailer, but it seems like its sold out everywhere.

Thanks for your help!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with Meguiar's Natural Shine protectant.

I'm not sure of the lint repelling properties as I haven't found one yet that prevents that but as far as maintaining the matte finish of the dash it works well IMO.

I'm sure there are more expensive and exotic products out there that work better but Meguiar's has always had good stuff (maybe not the best but definitely not the worst) and I can pick it up at the auto parts store or Wal-Mart without having to order it and wait for it to come in the mail.

Jlr6986

Reaction score
Chemical Guys usually makes good products, meaning, I haven't used a bad product from them yet.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Chemical Guys usually makes good products, meaning, I haven't used a bad product from them yet.
I'm glad you have had good luck with their products, but they are not my preference. I always find myself expecting more from their products. They are definitely master marketers. I find their product line confusing as they offer multiple products that seem to be for the same application.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad you have had good luck with their products, but they are not my preference. I always find myself expecting more from their products.
I agree. They are a good product but for their price point I expect more.

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
I use Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer. Love it personally and won’t use anything else. Perfect for all surfaces and cleans well. The wipe version of the product is also very handy for on-the-go cleaning

dwalme

Reaction score
I also use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. I buy it by the gallon. Great for regular clean ups.

If I'm working on a trashed interior I reach for more aggressive cleaners first.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, Meguiar’s is great! I use these two together. I think it does good at keeping the lint/dust off the plastics and it smells great..kind of like coconut.

Attachments

• 64FAEAF5-8509-406D-9FCD-34ED6503FEDD.png
    64FAEAF5-8509-406D-9FCD-34ED6503FEDD.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 56

WasatchBack

Reaction score
^^Those are all shiny protectants, not interior detailers. Best I have is Adams total interior protection and Nextzett C0ckpit Premium. No dressing of any sort, no sheen, just safe/ mild clean and UV protection.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
^^Those are all shiny protectants, not interior detailers. Best I have is Adams total interior protection and Nextzett C0ckpit Premium. No dressing of any sort, no sheen, just safe/ mild clean and UV protection.
Does it get the dirt off? Yep. Does it make it look & smell nice? Yep. Does it (seem) to prevent dust? Yep. Does it shine or leave an oily finish? Nope (for the purple one). I don’t know what else you could want in an interior cleaner?

Sherran

Reaction score
I use Meguiar's D10101 All Purpose Cleaner. I also bought this by the gallon and dilute it 10:1 or less depending on the mess, though I try to keep the interior spotless as much as I can.

I follow up with Aerospace 303 protectant for a matte/factory looking finish.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's D10101 All Purpose Cleaner. I also bought this by the gallon and dilute it 10:1 or less depending on the mess, though I try to keep the interior spotless as much as I can.

Just ordered a gallon on your recommendation.

Chuck19

Reaction score

Agree 100%! Those 2 are in my top 3 interior cleaners. I also will throw in Carpro Inside to round off my top 3 interior cleaners. Little on the expensive side but works well.

dwalme

Reaction score
Just be careful with D101. It can turn some black plastics white even at the 10:1 dilution ratio

Doesn't happen in most cases but too many people have reported it randomly happening to them. Catches everyone by surprise. And once it happens to you that 1/100 time it's too late for you to do anything about it.

Why risk it unless you absolutely need a really aggressive degreaser like D101?

If I need something more aggressive than the Quik interior detailer I'll reach for Griot's Garage Interior cleaner, 3D LVP cleaner, or 3D Super Citrus APC.

morwyne

Reaction score
I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner and 303 as protectant.

Fishorfly

Reaction score
I’m really picky about what I use and just picked up Carpro Inside Leather and Interior to clean the entire interior (minus carpet and glass). I had some dirty spots on leather center console and headliner. Diluted at 1:1 was pretty gentle but still worked great. Smells good too.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ 303 is good stuff.

My favorite currently is CarPro Perl. It can be diluted for interior or exterior use. Makes a great tire dressing too.

Users who are viewing this thread