5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What wheels are we getting with the Laramie G/T?

RaminTX

Reaction score
I’m really confused here and can’t get a straight answer on what wheels will the new G/T get here in the US. I’ve seen videos of Laramie G/T’s from Canada with blacked out versions of the wheels I want and others with different wheels. The videos with CA trucks have the wheels that my current 2019 Laramie has, the 20” polished wide spoke wheels. I ordered the Laramie G/T thinking I was getting the 22’s that are shown on the Ram website and G/T promo pics. Those wheels don’t show up at all on the website when you build the truck or any other Ram 1500. So what’s up with this? These are the wheels I want.

Attachments

• 3C5D2268-2D06-4FA3-B87A-4C24D979B044.jpeg
    3C5D2268-2D06-4FA3-B87A-4C24D979B044.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 41

packer27

Reaction score
Not sure which wheels come on the G/T now, but the ones in your picture are no longer orderable for 2022s.

RaminTX

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in September, do you know when they discontinued the wheels?

packer27

Reaction score
It was part of the ordering changes they announced in late August

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love those wheels, have a set of aftermarket chrome ones set to install in a couple of weeks. Too bad they discontinued them, but they are available aftermarket.

99758ACE-8E37-4649-A92A-2F1F93B4D3C9.png

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Love those wheels, have a set of aftermarket chrome ones set to install in a couple of weeks. Too bad they discontinued them, but they are available aftermarket.

View attachment 110683
My 22 GT showed up yesterday. I have the Laramie GT with the black out option and I got the wheels pictured above but all black , just like my 21 is with the same option. The thing that pissed me off was not getting the performance exhaust and getting chrome tips instead off black.

Attachments

• 4EEDBC93-71EE-4C27-B196-D7530B504594.jpeg
    4EEDBC93-71EE-4C27-B196-D7530B504594.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 104

Jimp1

Reaction score
Mine was ordered June 25. It came in last week with the Chrome multi spoke. I told my salesman that I wanted the ones they showed in the original pics or someone could write a check for the value of my trade in. That was sold shortly after they got it. They ordered the ones above, they are a 20". They were fine with getting the right wheels and mounting and balance at no charge. It's nice to find an honest Dealer in upstate NY. Unless you order the night package that's what will probably what's going to come on yours.

Jimp1

Reaction score
My 22 GT showed up yesterday. I have the Laramie GT with the black out option and I got the wheels pictured above but all black , just like my 21 is with the same option. The thing that pissed me off was not getting the performance exhaust and getting chrome tips instead off black.
Why did it not have the performance exhaust?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That would have been a deal-breaker for me to not come with the performance exhaust if I had placed an order for a GT. In fact, almost everything in the GT package would have been a deal-breaker if the truck came without it.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
That would have been a deal-breaker for me to not come with the performance exhaust if I had placed an order for a GT. In fact, almost everything in the GT package would have been a deal-breaker if the truck came without it.
It worked out great for me. I have a Flowmaster exhaust system and they did not want that on the truck so now their service department is trading it all out from one to the other. Otherwise I was going to have to pay somebody to cut off my muffler and put a stock muffler on it.

RaminTX

Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie G/T with sport pkg.
I saw a video yesterday where a new ‘22 Laramie non GT seemed to have had the performance exhaust installed my mistake at the factory, the guy had two identical ordered trucks except for color side by side and started them up. One clearly sounded like a GT exhaust.

billyraff

Reaction score
If you get the sport appearance package with GT you get the 20' chrome with polished insert wheels. If you get the night package you get the 22" black wheels.

RaminTX

Reaction score
Well it’s not right, every picture of the Laramie GT since it was announced showed those 22” wheels. I’m definitely gonna make a big deal out of it when I go to take delivery.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 21 Ram with Night Edition has black tips but not black chrome. 🤣
Well, I guess you have aftermarket exhaust tips. I don't believe you can weld a painted part without the paint burning off but I'm not a welder...so maybe I'm wrong.

20211110_174252.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread