5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of hard folding bed covers are you using?

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Gen3coupeTX What color is your truck? Like the actual name of the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's called Maximum Steel. It rarely looks the same color one picture compared to the next, or even at various times during the day or night. When it's clean, sunny outside, you can see the dark blue. Well, I can ... My wife still swears she hasn't.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I emailed them and waiting for the response. You can't beat that price. Hoping they give me a little discount lol
I may have called, can't remember. I know prices change, but when I was buying a year ago, I got the tip from this forum. Thought it worth sharing, see if it helps someone else out. Good luck!

fourbg

Reaction score
I followed Gen3CoupeTX's lead and went Lomax from Truck Alterations. Great price and even better cover.

Amazingly simple to remove for those times you need full access to the bed. And talk about low profile.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I followed Gen3CoupeTX's lead and went Lomax from Truck Alterations. Great price and even better cover.

Amazingly simple to remove for those times you need full access to the bed. And talk about low profile.
I do like the look of those better but just a few things turned me away and to the mx4. Bunch of reviews said the top scratches easily and the back section only opens and locks at an upright position while the mx4 can lean against the back of the truck(on the rubber blocks) and lock down in that position and different angles.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Has anyone hooked up lighting on their mx4? Trying to see the best way to go about installing some.

spurious

Reaction score
What is everyone with Rambox using? Waiting for the truck to be built and trying to find a tonneau cover.

I just put on a bak revolver x4 on my rambox/mft truck and I like it a lot. Fits nice along the boxes and when rolled up doesn’t obstruct rearview

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I do like the look of those better but just a few things turned me away and to the mx4. Bunch of reviews said the top scratches easily and the back section only opens and locks at an upright position while the mx4 can lean against the back of the truck(on the rubber blocks) and lock down in that position and different angles.
That's why it's cool to have choices, plus folks chiming in on their expectations and experiences. I did not want one that folded against my rear window, so the quick remove option was important to me. I've not had any scratching, but I don't put stuff on top of my cover either.

Word of caution for Lomax users > That aluminum gets hot in the sun. I live in Houston, TX ... But this applies anywhere. In that moment you decide to quickly remove the cover on a sunny day, consider gloves or hand towels. I like to think I'm as tough as the next guy, but still.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I was down to the Lomax and the Bakflip G2. The price for each at my local dealer was about the same. I really liked the Lomax but the things that swayed me to Bak were:
  • The exposed aluminum edges on the Lomax. Just didn't look as neat/finished to me. That's just my personal preference and to some it may not matter.
  • As @lawlavigne said, the concern over scratching.
  • The full fold-up feature of the Bak.
  • Plus, I've had 4-5 other Bakflips and I'm just used to them, comfortable with them.
But I certainly can't fault anyone else for choosing the Lomax. Looks like an excellent cover, and everyone's needs and priorities are different.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had a cover with aluminum panels sprayed with LineX? I know you can get the ArmorFlex that already has it but just curious if anyone has done it on another cover?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
First two items I take out the wrapper have broken clips for the rod holders on the side rails. Horrible first impression of the mx4. Has anyone had this issue before and how are their customer service for these issues?

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_164702630.jpg
    IMG_20200228_164702630.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 27

bigoldthor

Reaction score
First two items I take out the wrapper have broken clips for the rod holders on the side rails. Horrible first impression of the mx4. Has anyone had this issue before and how are their customer service for these issues?
Ughhh...I've had four Bakflips and never had this happen. I've heard their customer service is decent enough to work with if you have a legitimate problem, which it seems you have; however, I have never had to contact them for anything so YMMV.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, seems it should be easily resolved by Bak. Keep us up to date.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Called customer service and it was a breeze. New pieces will be shipped out Monday. Only other thing was some of the sections on the instructions were literally blank with just words like they forgot to put the pictures in it lol of course it was the tailgate section. Anyone care to share some pictures of there's slightly opened with the tailgate closed and of the front sections of how it lays on the bed?

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I recently switched from a soft tri-fold to a Peragon aluminum color matched hard tonneau. I love the new look and the ability to lock everything up in the bed.

IMG_4876.jpeg IMG_4766.jpeg

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Called customer service and it was a breeze. New pieces will be shipped out Monday. Only other thing was some of the sections on the instructions were literally blank with just words like they forgot to put the pictures in it lol of course it was the tailgate section. Anyone care to share some pictures of there's slightly opened with the tailgate closed and of the front sections of how it lays on the bed?
Not sure if these help, but this is what I took just now. Mine's a G2 but I think very similar to the MX in design and function.

IMG_1111.jpeg
IMG_1113.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg
IMG_1115.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg
IMG_1118.jpeg

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Not sure if these help, but this is what I took just now. Mine's a G2 but I think very similar to the MX in design and function.

View attachment 48087
View attachment 48088
View attachment 48089
View attachment 48090
View attachment 48091
View attachment 48092
Thanks! Looks like I may have set it up pretty close to where it needs to be. The front side behind the cab looks dead on but in the rear by the tailgate I may need to bring the cover back a bit. My tailgate may be just barely closing with the last rubber seal.

Users who are viewing this thread