5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of hard folding bed covers are you using?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I am looking to add a bed cover to my 2019 Laramie. I've pretty much narrowed my options down to a tri-fold hard top. Now I just don't know which one. I'd like one that can atleast handle some weight on the top, because of course its easier to was the top of the truck that way. So what do you guys recommend based of experience? Thanks

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Well, here's a current thread that some of us have been posting in, but there are countless others.

For hard covers, Bakflip has a nice line, and I've had several of theirs. I personally use the G2 because because I don't need the load bearing strength that you want. However, they also have the MX4 and F1 Premier models that hold 400 lbs evenly distributed, whereas mine (the G2) holds 300 lbs and has a year shorter warranty.

The Undercover Ultra Flex appears to be popular, too. A poster in the aforementioned thread added pictures of his. Expect to pay $900 to $1400 for a good one. Be mindful of the finish, too, since some are more resistant to hail damage, heat, scratches, etc.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine (the G2) recently installed.

IMG_1038.jpeg IMG_1046.jpeg
IMG-1081.JPG

Last edited:

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is in the aforementioned thread. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Like anything you go cheap thats what you get. I am sure most of you know that BAK, Undercover, Truxedo, Extang, etc are all a part of the Truck Hero family

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is in the aforementioned thread. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Like anything you go cheap thats what you get. I am sure most of you know that BAK, Undercover, Truxedo, Extang, etc are all a part of the Truck Hero family
Additional Info:

Truck Hero’s industry-leading family of brands includes Advantage Truck Accessories™, Alloy USA™, AMP Research®, A.R.E.®, Auto Ventshade®, BAK Industries®, BACKRACK®, BedRug®, Belmor®, Bushwacker®, Extang®, Husky Liners®, LUND®, N-FAB®, Omix™, Rampage Products®, Retrax®, RoadWorks®, Roll-N-Lock®, Rugged Liner®, Rugged Ridge®, Stampede™, Superlift®, Tonno Pro®, TruXedo® and UnderCover®.

RJS

Reaction score
For price you can't beat the Tonnopro hard fold tricover. It does set on the bed rails and doesn't leak. It's a marine vinyl over aluminum sheet.
My choice is the Undercover armorflex for a couple reasons. It's tough to scratch and it folds up against the bed leaving almost the entire bed length for hauling. Each section individually locks so it hard to pry up.
The tailgate closes with either cover in place.

Attachments

• tonnopro.jpg
    tonnopro.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 148
  • armorflex.jpg
    armorflex.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 152

bigoldthor

Reaction score
For price you can't beat the Tonnopro hard fold tricover. It does set on the bed rails and doesn't leak. It's a marine vinyl over aluminum sheet.
My choice is the Undercover armorflex for a couple reasons. It's tough to scratch and it folds up against the bed leaving almost the entire bed length for hauling. Each section individually locks so it hard to pry up.
The tailgate closes with either cover in place.
That Undercover Armorflex is nice. Note that the Bakflip models also fold up against the cab giving you nearly full bed access, each section latches individually, and you can close the tailgate without raising the back section now on even the G2. Apparently they have the same corporate ownership so go figure, lol.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Put me down for Lomax tri-fold. Easy to install, fits like a glove, looks great on my truck. $675 delivered to my door ... Done!

murlanboy

Reaction score
Where you get it from for that price?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have pictures?

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
You have pictures?
I should take some closer ones ... These are from when I first installed the Lomax. Mine came from Luke (Lucas?) at Truck Alterations. Couldn't beat the price ($675), couldn't have been easier to deal with. Lots of good choices - This cover has been perfect for me, nearly a year now.
Ram_3-23-19_2.JPG
Ram_3-23-19_3.JPG

murlanboy

Reaction score
Gen3coupeTX What color is your truck? Like the actual name of the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I should take some closer ones ... These are from when I first installed the Lomax. Mine came from Luke (Lucas?) at Truck Alterations. Couldn't beat the price ($675), couldn't have been easier to deal with. Lots of good choices - This cover has been perfect for me, nearly a year now.
View attachment 47473
View attachment 47478
I emailed them and waiting for the response. You can't beat that price. Hoping they give me a little discount lol

Users who are viewing this thread