5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What trim level should i get?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didnt know the used market was so bad, but i should have guessed. After hearing input from you guys i think it would be smart to get a lower trim 2500 that still has some features, maybe like a big horn, especially if i am wanting to get a camper.

Yeah it's pretty rough out there. I had been looking for a lightly used (10-20k mile) 2019 or 2020 longhorn or limited for a year starting around March of 2020. Prices progressively climbed higher and higher until it got to the point that buying new was within a few thousand dollars, and with 0% available on the new trucks it ended up making my decision for me.

You already did one thing right though, asked before you bought. Nothing worse than buying something and then finding out you need more later. I don't have much towing knowledge at all but maybe someone here that does could verify if a lower trim 1500 would work towing and payload wise, or if the jump to the 2500 is just necessary.

SoFlo45

Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty rough out there. I had been looking for a lightly used (10-20k mile) 2019 or 2020 longhorn or limited for a year starting around March of 2020. Prices progressively climbed higher and higher until it got to the point that buying new was within a few thousand dollars, and with 0% available on the new trucks it ended up making my decision for me.

You already did one thing right though, asked before you bought. Nothing worse than buying something and then finding out you need more later. I don't have much towing knowledge at all but maybe someone here that does could verify if a lower trim 1500 would work towing and payload wise, or if the jump to the 2500 is just necessary.
Thanks for what you have said, I try to do as much research as possible because i hate making mistakes/regretting my purchases.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didnt know the used market was so bad, but i should have guessed. After hearing input from you guys i think it would be smart to get a lower trim 2500 that still has some features, maybe like a big horn, especially if i am wanting to get a camper.
I think going with a HD is a good idea. The other thing to remember is you can get the rambox option on the 6'4" bed.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for what you have said, I try to do as much research as possible because i hate making mistakes/regretting my purchases.

It's a big purchase and I wish more people would put some more time and effort into it. I beg my friends to let me help them with car buying, but most decline and head off to get slaughtered.

Glad to see you put the time and effort in, it will save you big time.

Users who are viewing this thread