5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to use to get bugs off chrome?

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Will have to try that.

I use Superior Products Formula 4 Spray Wax as a quick dry spray while washing the truck to help avoid water spots. 1 to 10 ratio and just mist it on as you go.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Another great product I use. Definitely a must for dark colored vehicles and hand washing in the summer months.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
WD 40 is the magic trick. It even says bug removal on the can. The other tip I have is for the window bugs. Wet it down and spray with windex or store brand is what I use window cleaner. I use a paper towel to spread it Not fully clean it. Then wash truck as you normally would. Cleanest windshield ever. But it will remove rain x too so must reply.

mophead

Reaction score
WD 40, buff dry, fogettaboutit. Good on any painted surface or chrome. It'll work on the black plastic stuff too but unless you are following up with protectant it'll leave a short lived shiny spot.

Night Rebel, bugs on windows.... straight non sudsy ammonia is another great super fast cleaner. Easiest remover for rain x buildup or errant wax or protectant on the glass.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
WD 40, buff dry, fogettaboutit. Good on any painted surface or chrome. It'll work on the black plastic stuff too but unless you are following up with protectant it'll leave a short lived shiny spot.

Night Rebel, bugs on windows.... straight non sudsy ammonia is another great super fast cleaner. Easiest remover for rain x buildup or errant wax or protectant on the glass.
widows windex. Or cheap store brand. But the key is wet the windows first before you wash. Then apply the window cleaner. I use a paper towel to move it all over the windows. Then wash the truck as normally. Now it will remove any rain x that was applied. did this by accident and cleanest windows ever!

Quint

Reaction score
I live in bug country. I learned long ago that time is of the essence. The sooner you wash them off the easier. This was part of the calculation for me buying an annual car wash. In the summers, I pull in there after any trip up north. The guys know why I am coming in there and give a quick spray to the hood, windshield, and side mirrors. The bugs come right off. If you let them sit for a week then you'll use a lot more elbow grease to remove them.

SRT-8 Mitch

Reaction score
Okay I'm tired of spending over an hour cleaning off dead bugs on the front of my truck. What products are you guys using to help with this massacre?
I use Hydrin peroxide. Just put a spayed on it. I use this on my motorcycle windshield It melts the bugs off. With out hurting the clear coat.

Users who are viewing this thread