5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MagicalEnigma

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 1500 in August of 2018. Recently moved from Texas to Minnesota. I've never had trouble with oil spots, leaking etc.

I took a job that requires me to do a lot of driving on a daily basis. Yesterday, I drove on a few dirt roads and at one point had my truck parked next to a fan sprinkler that was "washing" 1/2 my truck. When I got home, I parked in the driveway and began unloading and cleaning it out. After moving it back onto the street, I saw these wet marks with clumps of what appeared to be sand on the concrete. Over 24 hours later, the "wet marks" are still there but they are bone dry. I've never had my truck discharge anything like this before.

I could kinda understand if it was an oil leak, but it looks like it was something on the wheels and frame itself. I drove it long distance today and it seemed to run fine, and my gas tank didn't seem to be affected. What the heck is this? Should I be worried? 20210704_010407.jpg

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hard to tell what it is from a picture, but will make an attempt at it. If it's a stain that's dry, it is most likely something that is petroleum based,(oil), BUT, does not appear to be from engine or transmission, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Might possibly be something that was sprayed up into the wheel wells to shine the liners and the sprinkler washed some of it off? or maybe something used on the tires? looks like the little piles of debris slid off the wheel well liners. Also, check your brake fluid level for fluid loss.

jkm312

Reaction score
Some places treat gravel roads with "tree sap" to keep the dust down. That is what it looks like to me from my past experience with the gunk.

Users who are viewing this thread