5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the fricking frick?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I finally got my new 2020 Limited with black appearance package as a replacement for my 2019 buyback and of course after the first week the drivers side carpet is soaked from a water leak. Not happy to say the least. What the frick RAM? @RamCares

Also, I had written it off as just my luck, but during the one week it sat at the dealer after my order came in and I was waiting on all the paperwork to be completed to get it, it got a door ding sitting there and the dealer tags they hung on the back for the test drive scratched up the tailgate as well. Seems like this one will be just as enjoyable as the last.
If they end up buying this one back, take a look at the 2020 Nissan Titan and Titan XD. Per Truck Show Podcast this week, the interior is on-par with Ram's DT interiors. and supposedly significantly less money for the same level of trim.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they end up buying this one back, take a look at the 2020 Nissan Titan and Titan XD. Per Truck Show Podcast this week, the interior is on-par with Ram's DT interiors. and supposedly significantly less money for the same level of trim.
The only problem is that you have to look at them. (I'm kidding...style is subjective.)

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
I unfortunately wouldnt even call it bad luck, these rams just have a ton of issues. The fact that they cant even come off of the assembly line without having crooked doors and bumpers should say enough about the quality of these trucks unfortunately. Resale on these trucks will be very bad in the next few years and I dont know how well most of them will last to 100 thousand miles. I hate to be harsh I really do but I think there are so many people fed up with these Rams. Most brands have some issues of course, but I follow all of the brands just to keep up to date and these Rams have had more issues than any truck that I have seen.

Great looks, amazing interior, horrible quality in many areas.
Uh, NO! I recently got rid of a ‘17 F-150. XSMN problems, freezing doors locks. A friend has a ‘17 Silverado. Many complaints there also. So you are the brand “queen”. Keeping up with all problems of every brand, Gotcha!
Still a Nissan. Still drives like a Nissan. Still looks like a Nissan. Still has the fuel economy of a Nissan. Fail.

Last edited:

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Really?

JRadford43

Reaction score
Uh, NO! I recently got rid of a ‘17 F-150. XSMN problems, freezing doors locks. A friend has a ‘17 Silverado. Many complaints there also. So you are the brand “queen”. Keeping up with all problems of every brand, Gotcha!

Still a Nissan. Still drives like a Nissan. Still looks like a Nissan. Still has the fuel economy of a Nissan. Fail.

I'm just being honest, not being a brand queen. I figured my observations would make someone over react. But I dont keep up with brands

Calm down it's just my observation. I enjoy all trucks but all I have ever owned is Dodge. So I'm just going by what I see. Other brands arent currently having the issues Ram has. Other brands might have issues but then new Ram is severely leading in issues, and also unresolved issues such as rams shaking, wind noise, whistling at highway speeds, etc.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
I'm just being honest, not being a brand queen. I figured my observations would make someone over react. But I dont keep up with brands

Calm down it's just my observation. I enjoy all trucks but all I have ever owned is Dodge. So I'm just going by what I see. Other brands arent currently having the issues Ram has. Other brands might have issues but then new Ram is severely leading in issues, and also unresolved issues such as rams shaking, wind noise, whistling at highway speeds, etc.
Calm down. Why? Your observation based on what? Do you own a new Ram? “Other brands might have issues but the new Ram is severely leading in issues....” You sound like a troll. You figured your observations would make someone over react., yet you don't keep up with brands. B.S. Troll.

JRadford43

Reaction score
Calm down. Why? Your observation based on what? Do you own a new Ram? “Other brands might have issues but the new Ram is severely leading in issues....” You sound like a troll. You figured your observations would make someone over react., yet you don't keep up with brands. B.S. Troll.
I currently own a 2019 ram laramie. And a lot of the issues here, I have multiple of the issues that people talk about. My truck shakes at 55-65mph, 40 pg forum on that. Mine has the wind noise in the rear 30pg forum on that. Mine whistles at 75mph plus at the front. My front end clunks, my doors were misaligned as well as my bumber, rear end thunk as well at times when hitting the gas. I'm definitely not a troll. I'm just another ram owner who has multiple issues which there are multiple threads of people having these same issues. I have no reason to argue at all, like I said just stating my observations. And from following other forums and Facebook groups, not because I'm looking for issues from other brands, but because I like trucks, the new Ram has by far more issues than other trucks. But it's also fact, look at the reliability ratings in general, ram tends to be one of the worst. It's just unfortunate they didnt take the time to work on their one glaring flaw. I made the mistake of thinking that hey new trucks now a days might have some minor issues but with Ram they didnt even get the fundamentals down when building this truck. And I'm dealing with it every day, which I have a case with Ram now for my issues.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I unfortunately wouldnt even call it bad luck, these rams just have a ton of issues. The fact that they cant even come off of the assembly line without having crooked doors and bumpers should say enough about the quality of these trucks unfortunately. Resale on these trucks will be very bad in the next few years and I dont know how well most of them will last to 100 thousand miles. I hate to be harsh I really do but I think there are so many people fed up with these Rams. Most brands have some issues of course, but I follow all of the brands just to keep up to date and these Rams have had more issues than any truck that I have seen.

I don't think that applies to everyone, I'm also on the F150 forums and GM forums due to my other cars and that's where people go to complain. For example, look up the rear window leak thread on Silverado forums for 2019, it's a rather large thread.

I consider myself a Ford guy, my last truck was a 2015 F150 which I absolutely adored. I get bored every 4 years and decided to get a Rebel this time around. It's honestly been one of my most favorite vehicles of all time, hasn't had a single issue. I was even impressed with the overall build quality, door gaps, paint quality and lack of rattles. It's right up there with even the premium make vehicles I've owned.

I'm sure you have issues, and FCA probably has batches of issues with this RAM and they need to get a better handle of. I think FCA has been on a tear trying to get market share from GM, they definitely should take a step back and make sure they are catching these issues instead of letting them get to the dealer to fix.

Last edited:

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
I currently own a 2019 ram laramie. And a lot of the issues here, I have multiple of the issues that people talk about. My truck shakes at 55-65mph, 40 pg forum on that. Mine has the wind noise in the rear 30pg forum on that. Mine whistles at 75mph plus at the front. My front end clunks, my doors were misaligned as well as my bumber, rear end thunk as well at times when hitting the gas. I'm definitely not a troll. I'm just another ram owner who has multiple issues which there are multiple threads of people having these same issues. I have no reason to argue at all, like I said just stating my observations. And from following other forums and Facebook groups, not because I'm looking for issues from other brands, but because I like trucks, the new Ram has by far more issues than other trucks. But it's also fact, look at the reliability ratings in general, ram tends to be one of the worst. It's just unfortunate they didnt take the time to work on their one glaring flaw. I made the mistake of thinking that hey new trucks now a days might have some minor issues but with Ram they didnt even get the fundamentals down when building this truck. And I'm dealing with it every day, which I have a case with Ram now for my issues.
Jrad
I‘m going to back track a little here. I was probably quick to call you a troll. I wish you luck with your issues. I’ve only had one; a-pillar mounts replaced and lower strut mounts re-torqued. However, any forum you visit tends to highlight problems. Also, many owners do not post on forums either because they are not aware of them or they are actually afraid to post problems for fear of appearing “stupid” for buying a “flawed“ truck. So I believe the other owners out there of the major brands have their issues also. 1st year redesigns always have bugs to work out. I believe Ram is still the best value out there. I hope they get these issues fixed. With all of your problems, maybe the Lemon Law is your best bet.

JRadford43

Reaction score
Jrad
I‘m going to back track a little here. I was probably quick to call you a troll. I wish you luck with your issues. I’ve only had one; a-pillar mounts replaced and lower strut mounts re-torqued. However, any forum you visit tends to highlight problems. Also, many owners do not post on forums either because they are not aware of them or they are actually afraid to post problems for fear of appearing “stupid” for buying a “flawed“ truck. So I believe the other owners out there of the major brands have their issues also. 1st year redesigns always have bugs to work out. I believe Ram is still the best value out there. I hope they get these issues fixed. With all of your problems, maybe the Lemon Law is your best bet.

Not an issue at all, just wanted to show in some form or fashion that I'm definitely not a troll, just stating my observations. No worries. But I do agree with you, issues tend to be amplified on forums and a lot of people with non issues just scout through the forums and might not post about their great truck. So I apologize as I know their are a lot of owners that have great trucks so I shouldnt speak on behalf of everyone.

But the area I see as a concern is just how many issues tend to be very common issues among a lot of people. Unfortunately some are issues you wouldnt think a 50 thousand dollar truck would have such as poor door alignment, loose bolts, wind noise, whistling, severe leaks, poor ac, etc. Commom issues among a lot of people from the looks of it.

As far as lemon law that will probably be my next step. This will be the 5th time my truck has gone in, itll be over 30 days that it's been at a dealer total on this 5th time, and itll be under a case. I don't expect them to fix the shaking as it hasnt been resolved for anyone so I'll move to lemon law after that.

AbitaPro

Reaction score

Obviously you missed the issues on the Military Grade Aluminum F-150’s that began in 2015, and continued through the Super Duty’s in 2017/when they switched over to the same F-150 cabs. Not going to bash others or Rams, but all manufacturers have issues.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Obviously you missed the issues on the Military Grade Aluminum F-150’s that began in 2015, and continued through the Super Duty’s in 2017/when they switched over to the same F-150 cabs. Not going to bash others or Rams, but all manufacturers have issues.

I had a 2015 F150 that had zero issues in the 4 years I had it. Though I have only owned my RAM for 4 months, I have had zero issues with it as well. I do think people see comments on forums and think it's more widespread than it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online